Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running.... In Limerick... Never????

Options
  • 08-01-2010 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I just got a text off a mate of mine who said that there is going to be a marathon, half marathon and 10k fun run on May 2nd in... Limerick????! I was planning on going to Belfast myself as I have done previously however with this new run I may just stay closer to home..

Its called the Great Limerick Run (not sure how they managed that) but anyway.. I havent seen this event advertised anywhere really! and i was just wondering is anybody else out there thinking of doing it?? Dont fancy goin to an event where there are only 100ppl doing it!??:)

Belfast of Limerick Marathon? 8 votes

Limerick
    0% 0 votes
    Belfast
    100% 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭jfh

hi kerryjogger, i know a few that have signed up for it already, it's on the may bank holiday weekend, presume they will try to drum up interest closer to date. doing it myself in fact, course looks alright too, not too many hills
    http://www.greatlimerickrun.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Peckham

hhhmmmm...

Anyone know who's behind this one?
    The Great Limerick Run is a sporting event that is unique to Ireland. It is the first ever time that a 10k, half marathon and full marathon have been held in the same location in one day and will be the most exciting event on the Irish running calendar in 2010.

My emphasis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Rio 2016

I just got a text off a mate of mine who said that there is going to be a marathon, half marathon and 10k fun run on May 2nd in... Limerick????! I was planning on going to Belfast myself as I have done previously however with this new run I may just stay closer to home..

Its called the Great Limerick Run (not sure how they managed that) but anyway.. I havent seen this event advertised anywhere really! and i was just wondering is anybody else out there thinking of doing it?? Dont fancy goin to an event where there are only 100ppl doing it!??:)

Would imagine that it will reieve a good entry for a new race. The weather should be good and I imagine that it will have a similar feel to the Cork marathon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Thread about this over in A/R/T events http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055748576

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Peckham wrote: »
    hhhmmmm...

Anyone know who's behind this one?

My emphasis

?
    There's already a long thread about this. I've emailed the organizers, they seem serious about getting AIMS accreditation and accurate measurement, about founding a good annual race, and they aren't dangling a "proportion to charity" hook anywhere I can see...
    I'm in:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Rio 2016 wrote: »
    Would imagine that it will reieve a good entry for a new race. The weather should be good and I imagine that it will have a similar feel to the Cork marathon.

I just wonder about having a half and marathon on the same day, seems to work well for Con but does one not take from the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Peckham

Never saw that. Guess I don't spend enough time in the Events sub-forum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Rio 2016

shels4ever wrote: »
    I just wonder about having a half and marathon on the same day, seems to work well for Con but does one not take from the other?

I also wonder about this particularly as it looks like they will finisf at seperate locationas. However this will be the first edition of the race and hindsight will prove whether we are right or wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Folks, no offence but as pointed out there is a thread in Events about it so I'm going to lock this

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement