Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If I change to UPC...

• 08-01-2010 6:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

....will they set up the modem for my office upstairs. As in will they install the socket in my office so that I can have my modem and router there instead of the only available one downstairs?

I just want to know if i need to get an electrician to do it in case they hack the crap out of my walls to do it or decide to run cable along the skirting

Thanks in advance,

Req

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

I believe they will. When I had NTL/UPC install broadband in my home a few years ago, it was connected in the attic and then a cable dropped down through the ceiling in the corner of the room I wanted in order to connect to the modem. The Technician did the lot including putting coving over the cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

Thanks for the response, i was thinking of running the cable throught the dry lining in the wall to a hole that is precut in the wall for any cable etc, just don't want to get them out for them to turn around and tell me they won't do it.

Do they outsource their technicians? cause if they do they tend to be more accomodating in doing these things

Advertisement