Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

change settings in IE8

• 08-01-2010 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭

hi,
    i want to change the settings in IE8 so that when i click on a link (eg in a post) it opens in a new tab. currently it opens in a new window and it's starting to bug me. checked the options but can't seem to find it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

Have a look here, solved it for me in IE8 on Win7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

thanks so much, it was just getting irritating switching between windows or having to right-click every link and click open in new tab.
    thanks again.
    Problem solved
    :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭DarrenMSP

whiteman19 wrote: »
    hi,
    i want to change the settings in IE8 so that when i click on a link (eg in a post) it opens in a new tab. currently it opens in a new window and it's starting to bug me. checked the options but can't seem to find it

Tools > Internet options > Tabs Settings and choose 'Always open pop-ups in a new tab'

Thats should do it! Let us know!

EDIT: Posted before I submitted! Glad to hear its fixed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Kyler_IE8_Team

Go to Tools up in right corner of the window, select Internet Options. In the bottom of the window that pops up, there is a Tabs section, and you can click on Settings. From there you can make the link open in a new tab when you click on a link.
    Hope that helps!
    Kyler
    IE 8 Outreach Team

Advertisement