Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Throwdown

• 08-01-2010 6:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Any throwdown fans here?

a lot of discussion about their new album around.

Deathless (2009)

a lot of people seem to be commenting on how the band have changed so much over the years..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I like Deathless. The comparisons with Pantera's Cowboys From Hell made about it are quite valid as well as a mish mash of Black Label Society and Five Finger Death Punch influences.

I did not realise that the UK/Irish relase of the album fell two months behind the US release though. I know a lot of albums can lag behind the US release dates, but for some reason I thought this album came out here at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

It does sound like a mashup of a lot of bands, some lamb of god/godsmack/bloodsimple sounds in there i found.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

AlcoholicA wrote: »
    It does sound like a mashup of a lot of bands, some lamb of god/godsmack/bloodsimple sounds in there i found.

Godsmack and Bloodsimple are good shouts as influences for it too, I'm not into Lamb Of God so would not notice what bits sound like them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I must give this a listen,Liked haymaker alot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭weisses

This band kicks ass

Gonna be my autobahn nr1 for February :D:cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement