Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double glazeing windows condensation trapped

• 08-01-2010 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks

Looking for the advice of people in the know. 2 of my windows have moisture trapped inside. If you understand the problem you get what i mean :D Water is trapped in the glass. Not much just slight. I blame all the cold cold weather as I have never seen it before.

Is this a problem. Is it normal. Will it go. Will it get worse.Will dirt build up. I just want as much info as possible,

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

the seals on the double glazing panes have failed, the water might clear slowly when the weather warms up but will return again and may fog up inside the panes. The panes will not have the same insulation ability as ones that have not failed. Replacing the D glazed panes is the only way to solve this but if the water doesn't bother you too much I wouldn't bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

the seals on the double glazing panes have failed, the water might clear slowly when the weather warms up but will return again and may fog up inside the panes. The panes will not have the same insulation ability as ones that have not failed. Replacing the D glazed panes is the only way to solve this but if the water doesn't bother you too much I wouldn't bother.

I am guessing that. It does not bother me and is only on the pane that opens. You know the small pane. Once it cannot do any damage such as mildew etc I am not to bothered...

Advertisement