Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cyclic redundancy check error message

• 08-01-2010 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭

I have a feeling im in a bit of trouble, i keep getting this message when im transfareing files, and sometimes when im downloading.

Heres my problem.. I tried transfareing a 700mb file from my laptop to either a thumb drive and even if i try burn it to cd i am having problems, error message cyclic redundancy check error message!!

I have no idea what it means or if i can sort it,

Any advice would be great.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Usually it's an indicator of disk problems (ie the file can't be accurately copied because it can't reliably be read from the disk on which it's currently stored) - schedule chkdsk to run on next boot and scan for/recover bad sectors, this may resolve it but should also give you an idea of what the problem is.

Also worth checking what the disk manufacturer is and checking their site to see if they've got diagnostic/repair tools for your model of disk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

As Fysh points out it's normally a sign of a hard disk issue. One (or more) of the disk blocks used to store the 700MB file on your hard disk may no longer be readable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭arsebandit

Thanks for the advise, how do i "schedule chkdsk to run on next boot and scan for/recover bad sectors, this may resolve it but should also give you an idea of what the problem is."???

Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭arsebandit

Got it sorted... after a hour or so checking the disc its working now.

Cheers

Advertisement