Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you approach games with a performance or mastery mentality?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Have started playing SF4 (PC) online.

Playing ranked matches online. Matt side out in force.
    I am being an absolute cheap tosser.

Using Abel. Getting better, not walking into fireballs as much....

Slowly, so slowly.... getting better.

EDIT: I may have gone a few rounds as Sagat, I may have spammed fireballs in a very cheap manner, but I won. I feel cheap and dirty but I won.
    Perhaps guilt means I'm still more Paul than Matt :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

depends on the game. I dont really see a point in beating MW2 on normal and then going through to beat it on veteran. I know people who have done it and it just ends up being tedious and getting through some parts is down to luck.

But something like trials hd can keep me going for hours. watching the leaderboard videos to see the best routes and tricks and trying to do it myself to maybe get a platinum medal. great sense of satisfaction.

Bayonetta is the type of game I would love to master but just amnt willing to put the time in anymore or more so becuase I have other things to do. I will finish the game and hopefully learn loads of cool combos and the likes but I rarely play through games more than once but I have done with some.
    Mirrors Edge I played through loads. I dont even know why, I just had great fun with it and trying to beat my times and all that.

I got into SFIV when it came out and got ok at it but I realised how long it would take to get extremely good at it so gave up. People who play fighting games would pick it up quicker but I never really played a fighting game to great depths. Football games I love to spend hours at though. I was a pro evo man all the way and was a very good player at it but it has gotten worse and I made the jump to fifa and took a little while to get the hang of it but when I did, becuase of my previous football game knowledge I got good at it fast.

Advertisement