Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no cold water and central heating

• 08-01-2010 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

have no cold water downstairs. still have some in the upstairs sinks. water in all hot taps. plenty of water in attic tank.

can i have ny central heating on?
    is there anything else i can do re cold tap? any pipes outside i might be able to throw boiling water over?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

I saw another post on this situation yesterday. You might do a search and as far as memory serves me, the reply was you can leave it on provided you haven't emptied out all the water in the tank in the attic. This was for gas heating but search on the forum on boards and askaboutmoney. Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

Yes you can leave the heating on. If you have no cold water at the kitchen sink then your roof tank will not be filling either, so don't waste the remaining water. It will run out shortly too. You can still use the central heating unless there is a leak which requires frequent topping up.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭paddles

Pete67 wrote: »
    Yes you can leave the heating on. If you have no cold water at the kitchen sink then your roof tank will not be filling either, so don't waste the remaining water. It will run out shortly too. You can still use the central heating unless there is a leak which requires frequent topping up.

i have just managed to sort out prob by pouring boiling water down mains thing outside house as another poster suggested :):):)

however, i don't understand your answer- are you saying yes you can leave your heating on but you risk wasting the water in roof tank??:confused:

Advertisement