Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audi suicide advert, tasteless?

• 08-01-2010 6:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

Too bad if you don't speak German but you get the point anyway :)

Needs verification as a real advert

Over the top? 8 votes

No, just funny
    0% 0 votes
    Yes, over the top
    100% 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'd imagine it's a viral ad, I saw a similar one a while back involving a VW Polo and a suicide bomber.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 689 ✭✭✭tudlytops

sad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Neither funny or over the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭TheColl

obviously not a real ad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

South Park had a joke like that - Cartman trying to kill himself cause of High School Musical 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

Why would someone go to to a lot of effort to make such a thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Tasteless? Maybe - doesn't offend me personally. Funny? No.

The claim of fresh air is preposterous. That bothers me more than anything else, really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

The German narration is a journalistic piece in which it says that according to Audi this is not an ad that was comissioned by them. Furthermore, they say that the A5 shown in the ad is not available as "clean diesel".

and from this article:http://www.rp-online.de/auto/news/Audi-Aerger-um-gefaelschten-Selbstmord-Spot_aid_804325.html
    „Weder die Inhalte noch die Art und Weise dieses Spots stehen in irgendeinem Zusammenhang mit dem Selbstverständnis von Audi“, sagte Stephan Öri, der Leiter der Abteilung Kommunikation Produkt und Technik.

"neither the content nor the manner of this ad bear any correlation to the way that Audi [as a company] sees itself" said Stephan Öri, head of the department "communication product and engineering"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

He should have been murdered for parking like that anyway let alone kill himself. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭kirving

I think its a very clever advert alright, doesn't offend me at all, but I see that it could be offensive to some people.

It reminds me of a comment the Jeremy Clarkson made about a Porsche recently. He said something along the lines of - "In a heavily polluted city like Beijing(can't remember where he actually said), the air coming out the exhaust is cleaner than the air going in. And I'm not joking"

I would have put it down to him being his usual self, but he said he wasn't joking. I wonder if there's much truth to this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement