Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating Problems

• 08-01-2010 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Ok,
    So where do I begin....

Been living in the house about 6 months and now that this winter has kicked in, the heating in the house is really bugging me.

My problem is the radiators downstairs in the house aren't heating properly. Upstairs is fine. It's actually nearly too hot!

So I decided to try balance the rads, by closing the valve on the left and just opening it half a turn. This seems to have helped somewhat, as the rads downstairs heat up a bit quicker, but it's still cold in the house.

So out of interest I decided to turn off the heat and it all cooled down. I turned the heaters completely off upstairs. So the heaters began to heat up and seemed to be getting hotter than usual. All of a sudden the boiler started to turn off and turn back on by itself. It goes for about 3-4 minutes and then turns off for 2-3 min and keeps repeating itself..

I have natural gas, and it's a pressurised system. The pressure is at about 1. I've tried bleeding the rads.

The reason I'm on here, is that I've had a couple of plumbers out and they've done a couple of thing and nothings worked.

If anyone has any suggestions or may know a reason for this, I'd very much appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Moving this to the closest forum to the topic I can think of :)

Advertisement