Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just a nice pic

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Steyr, what type of plane is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Tonka, no?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Tornado, in what seems to be not a naturally tenable attitude.

NTM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Yip. pretty isn't it. Stonking Pic, thanks Steyr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Frank Jnr

The plane is a Tornado F3, a rare breed now. Here's a picture the plane at RIAT with it's nice paint scheme.

1033774.jpg
    Panavia Tornado F.3 - Click here for larger image

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

It is indeed an RAF Tornado F3 ZE734/JU of the "Tremblers" 111(F) Squadron, RAF Leuchars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭DeCoR18

I expected to be let down. Strangely enough I wasn't.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Steyr, yourself and Manic are making this a great forum with your regular contributions, much appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Thanks very much.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭diverdriver

That picture will end up somewhere sometime from now captioned: 'US Navy F14 crashing' or at least 'RAF Tornado dangerously low flypast', while a debate rages as to whether it's fake or not.

There are some remarkable pictues coming out now because of the quality and capabilites of modern digital cameras. 12 megapixels is now routine, my cheap point and shoot has that. Even my phone is 5 megpixels. That shot was obviously cropped from a wider shot hence the extreme foreshortening. This being a well known example:

detroit_f18_flyby.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement