Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Need A Fixed Email Address

• 08-01-2010 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭

To register on a forum.

The forum in question will only accept a fixed email address, I'm currently with Eircom but as the forum is English based, they won't accept that one.

I've tried searching online but haven't found anything, so I thought I'd ask you people who are much more knowledgeable about this stuff than me.

Is there anyway around this or are there any fixed email accounts I can create online?

Thank you for any replies, much appreciated,

therokerroar

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

To register on a forum.

The forum in question will only accept a fixed email address, I'm currently with Eircom but as the forum is English based, they won't accept that one.

I've tried searching online but haven't found anything, so I thought I'd ask you people who are much more knowledgeable about this stuff than me.

Is there anyway around this or are there any fixed email accounts I can create online?

Thank you for any replies, much appreciated,

therokerroar

Set up an AOL email address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Ranicand wrote: »

some forums/sites wont accept AOL/gmail etc since they are so easy to setup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Forgot to mention AOL is also out of the question for the reasons that Gerard has listed below.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

Forgot to mention AOL is also out of the question for the reasons that Gerard has listed below.

It's not Digialspy by any chance?

It's not Digialspy by any chance?

It's not mate, it's a football forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Is it the Redcafe? I joined that with a Yahoo mail, just sent a message to one of the mod's and he sorted it all for me, it's mainly to stop bots from signing up and spamming

scudzilla wrote: »
    Is it the Redcafe? I joined that with a Yahoo mail, just sent a message to one of the mod's and he sorted it all for me, it's mainly to stop bots from signing up and spamming

Nah mate it's a Sunderland football forum.

I've been on it before but after a long time of inactivity (no internet access) my account was deactivated. Now when I try to use my Eircom email address to register again, my ISP is already down as being registered on the forum so perhaps it's the ISP that I need to change, is there anyway of changing my ISP for a few hours so that I can register?

I've already been speaking to the Moderators of the forum, but like I said, they won't allow it and thought it better to speak to you lot about ways around it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭supervixen

Nah mate it's a Sunderland football forum.

I've been on it before but after a long time of inactivity (no internet access) my account was deactivated. Now when I try to use my Eircom email address to register again, my ISP is already down as being registered on the forum so perhaps it's the ISP that I need to change, is there anyway of changing my ISP for a few hours so that I can register?

I've already been speaking to the Moderators of the forum, but like I said, they won't allow it and thought it better to speak to you lot about ways around it.

Try hushmail:
    https://www.hushmail.com/signup/
    or buy a cheap domain for example: http://getdotted.com/ :)

supervixen wrote: »
    Try hushmail:
    https://www.hushmail.com/signup/
    or buy a cheap domain for example: http://getdotted.com/ :)

Thank you :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Just buy a cheap domain :)
    godaddy.com also does them cheap, Irish companys like blacknight.com do then for 5e a year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

If you are a student or know a student you could set up a free domain/account with digiweb..

Cabaal wrote: »
    godaddy.com also does them cheap, Irish companys like blacknight.com do then for 5e a year

Thanks mate, but sorry I'm a bit clueless when it comes to these things, what exactly would a cheap domain allow me to do? I've searched on the internet and still can't get my head around it.

It seems I've come to the root of the problem regarding registering on the forum. My brother seems to have registered a short time ago and got himself banned for being naughty :rolleyes: the Moderators now have my ISP 'blacklisted' so to speak and now whenever I try to register, it's picking up my ISP address as blacklisted and therefore it won't accept my registration.

Is there anyway around the above problem?

I doubt that they'd blacklist your ISP for one user being 'naughty'. Maybe just your IP address but if you are a home user then that probably changes every so often. Btw who is your ISP? Maybe you have a static IP.

What error do you get when you try and register.

Try using a web proxy.

techguy wrote: »
    I doubt that they'd blacklist your ISP for one user being 'naughty'. Maybe just your IP address but if you are a home user then that probably changes every so often. Btw who is your ISP? Maybe you have a static IP.

What error do you get when you try and register.

Try using a web proxy.

My IP address is what I mean mate, sorry to seem like a plank but as you can tell, I'm not very knowledgeable with the terms.

Eircom is my ISP, basically the Moderators on the forum have my IP address down as one who has been naughty, so even if I create a new email address to try and register, the IP address will come up and they'll say 'no thanks' basically.

A web proxy, any decent and preferablly free proxies about?

Basically, I need a new fixed email address and a new IP address from what I understand from the advice offered so far.

If you're on a home Eircom package I doubt you have a fixed IP. So when they block you, you should regain access in 24-48 hours. Whatever the renewal time is.

TBH I doub't its the IP. Maybe it's just the e-mail address (yahoo.com/whatevers free) is not allowing you in. Get onto Eircom to give you a new address and try that.

Also, You should really just post up the exact error that you get when trying to register. It's the only way to get some real help on here.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

My IP address is what I mean mate, sorry to seem like a plank but as you can tell, I'm not very knowledgeable with the terms.

Eircom is my ISP, basically the Moderators on the forum have my IP address down as one who has been naughty, so even if I create a new email address to try and register, the IP address will come up and they'll say 'no thanks' basically.

A web proxy, any decent and preferablly free proxies about?

Basically, I need a new fixed email address and a new IP address from what I understand from the advice offered so far.

Is it a US forum?
    If so they likely just banned the whole ISP or an IP range.

Eircom give dynamic IP address so they've banned more then just one IP address to stop you getting access

As one guy said: email one of the moderators. i think that should be your next move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,528 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

sorry, deleted as wrong info given

I've now been advised about a site called: http://www.zip.to/

Looks like I might be onto something now :D

I don't see how its just a URL forwarding service

• Advertisement

I don't really think so...

Cabaal wrote: »

Is it possible to subscribe to one of these domains just for one year or will I continue to have to pay €5 each year?

Also, can you clarify that if I do sign up for one of these domains, that I then get to create my own fixed email address?

Yes, you can do it for just one year. But you will also need to get web hosting which will add more expense.

TBH This is not the way to go for you..it would require some technical knowledge which you lack (self confessed) and is an extremely OTT solution to registering a forum account.

As i've already said along with others:

You should post the exact error that you get to this thread and we will see what the problem is.

Also, you should try contacting the website admin/moderator/webmaster and tell them your story..which is that you can't seem to register an account. (Leave out the part about your brother unless they bring it up..and i'm 99% sure they won't)

These are the easiest steps possible in troubleshooting your problem.

I won't post anything else on here until I see that you have done at least one of the above 2 steps as we seem to be just going around in circles..

As i've already said along with others:

You should post the exact error that you get to this thread and we will see what the problem is.

Also, you should try contacting the website admin/moderator/webmaster and tell them your story..which is that you can't seem to register an account. (Leave out the part about your brother unless they bring it up..and i'm 99% sure they won't)

These are the easiest steps possible in troubleshooting your problem.

I won't post anything else on here until I see that you have done at least one of the above 2 steps as we seem to be just going around in circles..

The error message is this:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Once I register I get the email in which I need to click a link to alert the Moderators that the account is needed to be activated, that's fine, but the accounts I create are just never activated and the above message greets me when I try and log in.

I've emailed a Moderator on three seperate occasions over the last 14 days and just receive an automated response saying that they'll try to get back to me as soon as possible, nothing more, nothing less.

Cool, thanks for that..

Whats the web address of this forum anyway??

I have a domain.. I can try and register then i'll send you the details..

Cool, thanks for that..

Whats the web address of this forum anyway??

I have a domain.. I can try and register then i'll send you the details..

I've just PM'd you mate :D

Just to let you all know I got it sorted thanks to 'techguy', he really is a top man :D

Thanks to you all for your help and suggestions too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

mail.com allows you set up a free email address on over 200 domains. I doubt if they are all blocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,475 ✭✭✭✭Alun

If you're with eircom you can create as many xxxxxxx@eircom.net email addresses as you like via their website.

• Advertisement
Advertisement