Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emo.....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Emo Phillips jokes anyone?
    I ran three miles today, finally I said, "lady take your purse."

I'm a great lover, I'll bet.

people come up to me and say, "Emo, do people really come up to you?"

I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

The other day a woman came up to me and said, "Didn't I see you on television?" I said, "I don't know, you can't see out the other way."

I love to go down to the schoolyard and watch all the little children jump up and down and run around yelling and screaming...They don't know I'm only using blanks.

I discovered my wife in bed with another man, and I was crushed. So I said, "Get off me, you two!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

there are many emos in my school.. very annoying.. try to be "different" with their odd hair styles and bows that are bigger than their face on top of their head.. puuulease :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

The last 3 songs on MTV2's "10 Hottest Songs Right Now" have been Paramore, Lostprophets and 30 Seconds to Mars.

Worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

I would probably define an Emo as someone who purposely starts conforming to what is already perceived to be an "EMO" just to "fit in" or a find a place to be socially accepted.

But then isn't one of the reasons of being emo is because those people aren't socially accepted....

My head hurts....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 toxicgasmask

look some ''emo's'' are just copying their friend, dying their hair black and writing melodramatic lyrics for songs about cutting and suicide. But my theory is that they are normal happy kids, who think it would be cool to be like ''O my God My life totally sucks, nobody understands me'' and '' my black hair and clothes are representative of my black and empty soul.'' But once they go like this people start to ridicule them and their lives actually DO start to get ****ty, and then they just get depressed and properly ''emo.'' its how the emo's recruit new emo's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 toxicgasmask

Davidius wrote: »
    They're just another subset of teenagers that base their outward personality around what kind of music they like. Just their music is more whiney and their dress code annoys most people.

It's really a case of all teenagers being complete ****wits. Except me because I'm deadly.
    Yaaa.

haha oj im sure your the cooliest kid in skool. word

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

look some ''emo's'' are just copying their friend, dying their hair black and writing melodramatic lyrics for songs about cutting and suicide. But my theory is that they are normal happy kids, who think it would be cool to be like ''O my God My life totally sucks, nobody understands me'' and '' my black hair and clothes are representative of my black and empty soul.'' But once they go like this people start to ridicule them and their lives actually DO start to get ****ty, and then they just get depressed and properly ''emo.'' its how the emo's recruit new emo's.
    15208d1247204376-indian-army-vs-american-army-necropost-kitten.jpg

On topic, I haven't seen what I'd consider an emo since this thread quietened. I think the fad has past tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbKy8TP1a-u3PTer-8Z1845Xy8kVxtPorfVtdCc-4flx_9V6P3&t=1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I still see em around the place!

Oh, my life is so hard. I'm gonna dye my hair black and listen to MCR to get me through this hard time. Nobody understands me. *EYELINER OVERDOSE*

Lord, they irritate me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Yaaa.

haha oj im sure your the cooliest kid in skool. word
    I was the coolest kid in school until they kicked me out for "graduating", whatever that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I saw a few emo's outside the Central Bank the last time I was in Dublin. Stereotypes were lived up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Emo is a dying trend. The emos of old are all grown up and have swapped their side fringes and band hoodies for ironic facial hair and plaid.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Holy crap, and 18 month bump in C&H! :eek:

Now, if only I could think of something else that'll be 18 months this week... >_>

Holy crap, and 18 month bump in C&H! :eek:

Now, if only I could think of something else that'll be 18 months this week... >_>

Am I missing something? :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Am I missing something? :pac:

I'll let you think about it for the night. ;)
    For now, I must slumber! G'night, emos.

I'll let you think about it for the night. ;)
    For now, I must slumber! G'night, emos.

I officially hate you. :P I'm not going to sleep tonight now, I won't be able to get this out of my head and it'll annoy me until I work it out. >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Jackobyte wrote: »
    I officially hate you. :P I'm not going to sleep tonight now, I won't be able to get this out of my head and it'll annoy me until I work it out. >.<
    You don't remember when IO was pregnant? :confused:

jumpguy wrote: »
    You don't remember when IO was pregnant? :confused:
    No!?! Whats the story with that? :eek:

I was going checking the dates threads were made. :o The Alcohol thread is almost 18 months old. It will be in 9 days. :P

Advertisement