Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dressing up otions in snow

• 08-01-2010 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Can anyone recommend me some ideas of nice outfits to wear on a night out? bearing in mind it's freezing outside and snowy. would i look ridiculous in a dress ? how about a skirt and thick black tights? or will i just stick to jeans? what would look nicest? im 23

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

A skirt or dress with thick black tights and nice boots or shoes would be good, just make sure you can walk ok in them in slush and ice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Get yourself a nice jacket...

89200.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Rayne

My attitude is that you'll be inside (mostly) for a night our, therefor you can wear a dress or skirt no bother!
    Black tights are great for winter or even patterned type if you wanna show a bit of skin.

Personally I'm not a fan of bare legs, with or without skin tights, from about October to March (its a personal thing, each to there own!)

If you've boots, always a plus, especially for the after pub rambling!

A nice warm coat is more important, IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Spadina wrote: »
    A skirt or dress with thick black tights and nice boots or shoes would be good, just make sure you can walk ok in them in slush and ice!

The most important thing is to keep warm so thick black tights are a good idea.
    And a nice coat and thick scarf.

I'd advise against heels ... could have a nasty fall in them on the ice.
    Maybe stick to flats with good grip or a nice pair of boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I'd advise against heels ... could have a nasty fall in them on the ice.
    Maybe stick to flats with good grip or a nice pair of boots.

I have the most perfect pair of boots for going out in this kind of weather, they've serious grip and gorgeous warm lining, got them in Canada for $200, was dubious about that amount of money but best idea ever! The first night I wore them I was the only one of my friends able to make it across a frozen driveway and I was the only one in heels! :D

Found a pic of my babies! That's them top left: http://bp3.blogger.com/_WrefGyydEWo/R0DdYpxXtMI/AAAAAAAABqQ/IxB2D5TDfgs/s1600-h/aldo.bmp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Skirt or dress and tights, waaayyyy warmer than jeans. I always find jeans are the coldest item of clothing on a cold day, they just don't heat or keep me warm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Blacey

Spadina wrote: »
    I have the most perfect pair of boots for going out in this kind of weather, they've serious grip and gorgeous warm lining, got them in Canada for $200, was dubious about that amount of money but best idea ever! The first night I wore them I was the only one of my friends able to make it across a frozen driveway and I was the only one in heels! :D

Found a pic of my babies! That's them top left: http://bp3.blogger.com/_WrefGyydEWo/R0DdYpxXtMI/AAAAAAAABqQ/IxB2D5TDfgs/s1600-h/aldo.bmp

yes, the Canadians know good boots :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Blacey

Wear boots over jeans. I prefer a cowboy style heel or flat boots for this type of weather, the easiest to walk in. You might be inside for the evening, but if you're going into town, taxis can be scarce due to the weather, so get yourself a cute little hat scarf and gloves for the taxi queue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Skirt or dress and tights, waaayyyy warmer than jeans. I always find jeans are the coldest item of clothing on a cold day, they just don't heat or keep me warm!

I'm with you on that! I've always found skirts and tights to keep me much warmer than jeans.

Hence why I have two pairs of jeans (light and dark denim) and about forty skirts! :D
    Blacey wrote: »
    You might be inside for the evening, but if you're going into town, taxis can be scarce due to the weather, so get yourself a cute little hat scarf and gloves for the taxi queue.

Good thinking!

Gloves for definite! My hands went blue with the cold the other day :(

Advertisement