Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Civic vs Leon

• 08-01-2010 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

Thinking of changing the wifes car and had a look at an 08 Honda Civic 5 door and 08 Seat Leon 5 door.

Drove the Civic first and it drove nice, roomy, was very well equipped and generally seemed like a well built and pretty refined car.

Drove the Leon straight afterwards and what a disappointment! VERY poor finish, poor gearchange, much smaller inside and just generally poor all round. It was like a tractor in comparison to the Civic. Even banged my head getting into the damn thing.

Yet, the Leon's are not as cheap as they feel. Am I missing something? Are they ultra reliable or something?

Not looking for peoples recommendations about this or that car here, just wondering why the Leons are not a lot cheaper than they are? Nice looking but a big disappointment.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

new Leons start sat 15300

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Civic starts at €23,189

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Well irrespective of the starting price for new, both of these cars were 16K second hand. Dont know the spec of each because we only had a short time to take a drive. Makes it even worse in a way though because the Leon was obviously a higher spec.

In fairness I stand corrected though in relation to the refinement if there's 8K of a difference between the base models of both when new. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

if a 2 year old Leon costs €700 more than a brand new Leon, then it's either overpriced or a much better spec.

The one for €15300 is a basic model with no aircon and is the 1.4 petrol.

There's an 08 Leon 1.4 Costa for 11975 in Bolands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Civic will of course be more reliable. They are expensive for what you get imo. I have over 100k km on mine and the car still feels tight and rattle free. Was the car a diesel import in a Bolands outlet by any chance? Had a good look at one recently. They are rough and I found one in waterford with a seriously dodge box

• Advertisement
Advertisement