Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roads update and emergency phone numbers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

From RTE:

Any older person who does not have regular visitors and is running out of food, fuel or medicine should contact the Society of St Vincent de Paul at 01-8386990 or Age Action at 01-4756989. Both lines operate 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. The Age Action line will also be manned tomorrow (Saturday) from 9am to 6pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

-7.5 degrees out at the moment, I think thats pretty much the coldest iv seen it outside so far since this cold snap began.:eek:
    I know there is a lot of concentration on older and more vulnerable people at the moment and rightfully so, but please take into account animals and wildlife outside in this weather, if you notice any homeless and straying cats or dogs around your area please bring them inside somewhere warm at least during the nights when the temperatures are at their lowest. And put out some food for the poor wee birds, the wee things are desperate for it at the moment.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

-11 here atm just outside town:O

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

From RTE:

Any older person who does not have regular visitors and is running out of food, fuel or medicine should contact the Society of St Vincent de Paul at 01-8386990 or Age Action at 01-4756989. Both lines operate 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. The Age Action line will also be manned tomorrow (Saturday) from 9am to 6pm

A friend of mine phone the local St.VP to offer his services....it was closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

dee o gee wrote: »
    -7.5 degrees out at the moment, I think thats pretty much the coldest iv seen it outside so far since this cold snap began.:eek:
    I know there is a lot of concentration on older and more vulnerable people at the moment and rightfully so, but please take into account animals and wildlife outside in this weather, if you notice any homeless and straying cats or dogs around your area please bring them inside somewhere warm at least during the nights when the temperatures are at their lowest. And put out some food for the poor wee birds, the wee things are desperate for it at the moment.:(

Don't forget lukewarm water for the birds too. Many of them are dying due to lack of water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I recorded -13 after Stephens night in Achonry, last night felt as cold but I never checked the outside thermometer. It was too bloody cold to go out and check it. Local farmers are brilliant here, they're gritting the roads as best they can themselves.

Advertisement