Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another Car Battery- Just a really quick question!

• 08-01-2010 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Having a bit of Battery trouble, and I've read a number of recent threads on batteries and the cold weather... I also left the car for a couple of Days!

In the past when I have had battery trouble I push start the car and it always seems to work but with the roads so slippy with ice and living beside a busy road I'd rather wait for a thaw until I try to push start it. This battery is less than 1yr old.

So my question is would anyone have any opinion if I were to leave it til Monday or Tuesday would the battery be destroyed or still recoverable!?
    Cos its either wait til next wk or get a mechanic... won't be using it much on these roads anyway!..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

If it's down now it's down, a week of leaving it should be fine. If I was you I would replace the battery, even with this cold weather a good battery should have no problems if left for a couple of weeks unstarted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Can you get a mate to jump start it?

Otherwise take out the battery and put it on a charger.

It might be ok but if a battery is pretty much depleted of its charge, it should be recharged immediately if at all possible.

Whatever you do if it's less than a year old you should bring it back under warrenty, a good battery would have no probs in this weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bikefreakvinnie

Avns1s wrote: »
    Can you get a mate to jump start it?

Otherwise take out the battery and put it on a charger.

It might be ok but if a battery is pretty much depleted of its charge, it should be recharged immediately if at all possible.

Thanks for those replies, tried with cheap jump leads, just wondering here- are cheap jump leads rubbish!? its a just a 1.4 ltr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You in Galway city? I can jump it for you.

Cheap jump leads will start it too but they're not as long lasting as proper cables.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 bikefreakvinnie

Magnus wrote: »
    You in Galway city? I can jump it for you.

Cheap jump leads will start it too but they're not as long lasting as proper cables.

thanks a mil for the offer magnus but aint in galway... got battery on recharging...

Advertisement