Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Mature (as possible) Cherry Blossom Tree

Options
  • 08-01-2010 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I could get a couple of mature cherry blossom trees? Needless to say, I don't know much about gardening.. I've seen 12-13ft ones advertised on the Johnstown Garden Centre website for €45, but was hoping to get ones a bit older/fuller/taller, but don't even know if this is possible, I've already googled it and didn't find much.
    Are there nurseries out there doing cherry blossom trees significantly older than this? And is it safe to replant them this old? Its to replace a cherry blossom that someone cut down without permission for firewood, so conditions for replanting must be ok if the tree that was there survived for decades.
    Any information appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭looksee

There is a very good tree nursery north of Enniscorthy that just sells mature trees. They are sold in large canvas bags and mostly have to be delivered. They only sell trees and shrubs. http://www.kinbark.ie/?page_id=15 I'm pretty sure this is the one.

Advertisement