Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Degree grade.. what now??

Options
  • 08-01-2010 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Hey,

looking for advice..

Got a bad grade in my hons Law Degree.. Only a pass grade..:(:(

Very upset over it.. had a hard final year with personal issues.. no excuse but had been avg 2.1 up til my final year..

Now I was considering a few things.. but want a little direction..

Im guessing pass Hons Degree grade pretty much rules me out of a Master in ANYTHING..

I so badly wanted to do International Business...:(:(

Is it worth my while repeating my final degree year?? Is there any other route I could take to get into a Master course?

I wouldnt mind repeating the year but for the cost.. (Im a single parent and its gonna cost a load)..

Im lost please help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

If you really feel you could redeem the situation, why not contact the head of department and ask him for the lowdown. I am not sure if you can repeat the final year to improve your mark in the same course.
    Worst comes to worst, you could just apply to 2nd or third year of a related course and transfer some credit. The Open University might even allow you to redo 4th year, but again it depends on what they say.

I am not 100% but these options are worth a shot.

Advertisement