Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will i leave the cold water tap in kitchen run during night?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Pete M. wrote: »
    I say if you want water tomorrow, let it off, about 100L per hour is what I'm using, not wasting.
    If I were to water me garden I'd nearly use that much, or powerwash the garage or the likes. Tis just a bit cold and too soon after the Holidaze to be doing that.
    It was off here Xmas day and I had to do the washing up, so that has persuaded me to leave it on. That and having running water just for the sake of it like.
    It certainly works anyway, don't believe the naysayers.
    My connection partially runs overground would you believe (1st on todo list after this passes) and leaving it running at around that rate keeps her movin.
    My pressure is fine, plenty of water round me.
    Tis them up in the Easht that's worried bout conservation, pah!
    I say if you got it, use it. Tis bad enough having to live miserably through freezing weather without having to not have running water, so uncivilised.
    Remarked to me bro how twas like the old days at Xmas, except with a good broadband connection, though couldn't find any water to download:)
    the council have shut it off in athy to conserve. Do you not understand the current problem.

Big Res.
    being emptied
    no refill
    see señor

in certain areas.

"conservation pah"

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Our water is recycled sewage so not emptying any supply's im helping

if anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

gsxr1 wrote: »
    the council have shut it off in athy to conserve. Do you not understand the current problem.
    :rolleyes:

I understand just fine thanks, probably better than most actually. Just happens that there's no problem with supply where I am at the mo.
    I live in a rural area and like the luxury of having running water.
    If you met me, or knew me, you'd probably be quite shocked that I was taking such measures, but fcuk it, I'm going to consider the welfare of my family before I think of the welfare of the whole country, that seems to be pretty much what everyone else does anyway.
    It won't help the residents of Athy or Finglas if I turn off me taps, but it will allow me to flush the jax, have a shower and wash the bleedin dishes in comfort.

Off to run across a frozen lake now with my two young kids...........:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Lmao @ turn off your taps just see how much water is falling

out of the sky now, never saw such ridiculous panic in my life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

bryaner wrote: »
    Lmao @ turn off your taps just see how much water is falling

out of the sky now, never saw such ridiculous panic in my life

there has been worse panics .
    What if the weather did not turn early like it is doing ?

The advise at the time was correct.;)

Being ignorant to your surroundings, conditions and advise is downright stupid . No offense loike.

The water was turned off last night in south dublin, by "experts" to prepare for the worst. Maybe not your area . But for 10s of 1000s it was.

The ridiculous thing would be to have done the exact opposite of the real advise given . Hence your posts... ( run your taps all day and night)

Its not over yet. These tempratures now are still not really high enough to unfreeze pipes ... Much of which will be damaged by frost.

There Their is a whole lot of peeps still without water..

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/7days.asp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

I've been running my tap at a tiny trickle, about a litre every half hour. There is no necessity to leave the thing gushing.

It's enough, and I make no apology for it, and my neighbours have been happy to take advantage of my forward thinking all week, because they on and off had no water of their own.

The reason there's a shortage is because in addition to the pre-existing water leaks, pipes have been popping left right and centre. More to come when the ground thaws and shifts.

That's the reality.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Bryaner banned for 7 days for personal abuse and enough trolling to fill a water tank.

Advertisement