Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New shop in william street.

Options
  • 08-01-2010 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Can someone tell me the name of the new shop in william street? I think it has bargain or something in the name.

it is not €2 store or your more store.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

bargaintown? William st is turning into the home of €2/discount stores in Limerick, cheap tat everywhere you look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Jessica.

krudler wrote: »
    bargaintown? William st is turning into the home of €2/discount stores in Limerick, cheap tat everywhere you look

Ya I think it is bargaintown thanks :D
    I remember when it was just pound city!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Surely William Street now deserves the title of Irelands cheapest highstreet - from the cost of goods to the look of the place.

A blight on our city.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Its a grubby street - its nearly always filthy

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I was stopped in Traffic and the the corner of Wickham and William Street today and the window was open. Some yanks were chatting

"Nothing much further up here"
    "Nothing much up as far as here either" says the other one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Berty wrote: »
    I was stopped in Traffic and the the corner of Wickham and William Street today and the window was open. Some yanks were chatting

They're dead right, really this town has 2 decent street areas, the Bedford Row/Thomas St redevelopment and Cruises/O'Connell st, and even they have crappy parts, theres what 4 shops right next to each other shut up on Cruises st? the ELC, that shoe place next to 3, one beside O2 and another i cant remember what it was, not a good sight to have on the main pedestrian shopping street in the town, the upper part of O'Connell st is just offices and the lower part (Patrick St?) is a dump, and thats the first thing a lot of people see on the way into town, Arhurs Quay is an eyesore, William St is a joke, nothing but cheap tacky shops and chewing gum infested footpaths, no wonder this town is dying a death when you can just go to the crescent and get practically everything under a roof instead of trudging around a desolate looking town

Its a pity Gleesons sport store is so far up! Would be great if it was down closer to the city centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Its a pity Gleesons sport store is so far up! Would be great if it was down closed to the city centre

And FSV music store also...its a hell of a walk from Dunnes car park. Shin splints!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

William St is a complete dump, not helped by all the scum waiting arounf for buses and that greasy spoon next to the bus stop. The redevelopment can't happen soon enough.
    Has anyone seen that abomination of a discount store on O Connell st, where the old philips store used to be?

Is william st due a redevelopment too, paths could do with being replaced and maybe trees placed along the street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭sonyair

Is william st due a redevelopment too, paths could do with being replaced and maybe trees placed along the street

Yes it is, to start this year

http://www.limerick.ie/Transport/LimerickCityCentreRemodellingandPedestrianisation/Thefile,4566,en.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

The Council has been in correspondence with my grandfather who owns a building on Upper William Street about CPO since the late 90s.

I'll believe it when I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

Berty wrote: »

Hmmmmmmm don't know whuch is worse, The "yanks" for going up that far or you for having the window open in -6 degrees. Wasn't it handy that they came off the pavement and stood next to your car because if they were on the footpath you would not have been able to hear them. Unless they were on opposite sides of the street shouting across to each other:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Cateym

Aidric wrote: »
    William St is a complete dump, not helped by all the scum waiting arounf for buses and that greasy spoon next to the bus stop. The redevelopment can't happen soon enough.
    Has anyone seen that abomination of a discount store on O Connell st, where the old philips store used to be?

That only does the nicest chips ever......at least it used to anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,464 ✭✭✭✭cson

baza1976 wrote: »
    Hmmmmmmm don't know whuch is worse, The "yanks" for going up that far or you for having the window open in -6 degrees. Wasn't it handy that they came off the pavement and stood next to your car because if they were on the footpath you would not have been able to hear them. Unless they were on opposite sides of the street shouting across to each other:rolleyes:

Yanks don't have to shout to be heard by everyone in a 3 mile radius ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Also you cannot see down the street if your window is covered with ice hence the window open.

As mentioned above you do not have to shout to be heard so they hardly need to stand next to my car which is a quiet engine as it is.

Cateym wrote: »
    That only does the nicest chips ever......at least it used to anyway.

everyone knows Enzo's is the best chipper on William st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

cson wrote: »
    Yanks don't have to shout to be heard by everyone in a 3 mile radius ;)

they must be really taking advantage of off season rates to come to Ire-land this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,464 ✭✭✭✭cson

snowman707 wrote: »
    they must be really taking advantage of off season rates to come to Ire-land this time of year.

You're saying it wrong; it's Eye-Er-Laand :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 smashingred

It's great to have some realism on the state of the city-too often on boards people don't want to acknowledge that despite 10 years of the Celtic tiger large chunks of the city are an absolute kip.
    Something needs to be done to William St & saying there's a lack of resources is just not good enough.
    Saying it's the 'home of irish rugby' & a riverside city means nothing to most Europeans & Americans.Most cities are by a riverside anyway?
    How exactly is that a unique selling point?
    As a proud Limerickman it pains me to say all this but the city council need to buck up-that dunnes stores near the old bridge another eyesore.
    All the area down near Patrick St aswell where the Opera centre will be (probably won't be but you live in hope) another kip.
    It;s just nood good enough-
    If the city wants to become more tourist friendly, streets need to be clean & tacky shops need to be kept to a minimum.
    I'd love to see an indoor venue on the Dunnes stores site that could host concerts & shows etc, a museum that visually would make an impact,a cinema ( how the feck can a city not have a cinema in the city centre?), an improved bus station aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

everyone knows Enzo's is the best chipper on William st

Thats not saying much :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭MrFireBox

In my opinion they could do with demolishing almost everything from the left hand side of William St. back as far as John St and rebuild it.

Could also do with demolishing Dunnes Stores in Sarsfield St up as far as Debenhams and down as far as the Hunt Museum.

Could badly do with redeveloping Nicolas St. as well.

I know its I'm talking about nearly half the City Centre but I think it needs to be done. I'd also earmark all this for retail/office space and this should alleviate the issue with the over supply of apartments.

On a lighter note I think the Matthew Stephen's jewellers building looks very well, I'd leave that alone :D.

Its true about promoting the city as a riverside city, but we dont even use the fecking river for anything apart from the rowers and the people with canal boats.

There is a shop on William st, that has a horrid block stuck on top of it, think its swamp, but its terrible, the CC/ owners should at least try to hide it with some art or something

Advertisement