Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C&H meetup Saturday 16th

Options
  • 08-01-2010 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭

Well according to the poll it's the most popular day.So, what to do/where to meet etc.

The leisureplex in stillorgan was mentioned,really easy to get to 145/46a bus from town or the luas.

Any other suggestions/comments?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Anything I can easily get to from DCU or town (most likely town if going with others)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Awh, won't be making this one guys, sorry!
    Hope everyone has fun... and go somewhere warm. Please.

:)

bythewoods wrote: »
    Awh, won't be making this one guys, sorry!

:(

All those drunk PMs gone to waste :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

I should be around if the Aul Wans of the group are going for a few brewskis after.

phlegms wrote: »
    I should be around if the Aul Wans of the group are going for a few brewskis after.

If it's not out of my way I'll go along, if the beard doesn't stop them IDing me I can always just go home as planned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Grrrrr Saturday meet up........ *hiss*

I would suggest the older C&Hers (If theyre around) go for drinks on the Friday (I have work on Sunday morning and I just cant bring myself to face that hungover!).......but that would probably mean people wont show up on the Saturday.

So yeah, boo-urns.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Town would be the easiest but I'm busy that day, so I can't make it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Fad wrote: »

I would suggest the older C&Hers (If theyre around) go for drinks on the Friday (I have work on Sunday morning and I just cant bring myself to face that hungover!).......but that would probably mean people wont show up on the Saturday.

So yeah, boo-urns.

I should be in Dublin on Friday, but I'm not yet sure who I'll be seeing/ what I'll be doing that evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Fad wrote: »

So yeah, boo-urns.

If we dragged out out the night before an exam, what makes you think we won't drag you out on Saturday? :D

I don't want to go too far out of my way or anything for drinks as I wouldn't be guaranteed getting in, also getting home would be annoying, I hate taxis.

• Advertisement

Pygmalion wrote: »
    I don't want to go too far out of my way or anything for drinks as I wouldn't be guaranteed getting in, also getting home would be annoying, I hate taxis.

I'd doubt we would be out so late you wouldnt be able to get the last luas/dart/bus home tbh.

And fad, could you like not get hammered and thus not have a hangover in the morning?
    Scratch one actually :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Hmm, turns out I'll be in DCU that weekend too! I'd have no problem meeting up for a drink or two somewhere in town over the weekend, but I'd need serious persuasion to go all the way out to Stillorgan.

I'd doubt we would be out so late you wouldnt be able to get the last luas/dart/bus home tbh.

Well no luas or dart, and I'd just have to make sure to find out when the last bus is I guess :P

Well no luas or dart, and I'd just have to make sure to find out when the last bus is I guess :P

Last luas is at 2 or something isnt it?
    And we will definitely be in the city centre at that stage.

Last luas is at 2 or something isnt it?
    And we will definitely be in the city centre at that stage.

Yes but not everyone lives along (or near) the luas line

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Last Luas is at half twelve methinks! :(

The joys of being able to walk home (but cold :/ taxi it is!)

I'll carry Pygmalion on my back to Dcu!

Hey bring me too! I'm not spending 15 quid on a taxi or walking by myself for an hour while he get's such a service :P

Then I'll stay out as long as you want

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I will be around for the evening young adult session but I'm doing SF4 all day in Dublin that day. Sorry youngins, you wont get to see me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Meeting up with some old gaeltacht buddies on the 16th I'm afraid. It was originally planned for tomorrow but had to be postponed a week... So I'm sorry but count me out too! Hopefully be up for those Friday drinks though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

How was this the chosen date if so many people are unavailable?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It would appear that circumstances changed for some people after they had cast their votes. Can't blame them though, it's been a crazy week.

Because everyone hates C&H

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Because everyone hates C&H
    I hate it so much that I registered multiple accounts and voted for the day that most people couldn't go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I'll try and go. Am I going to be the only person who doesn't know anyone though? :(
    Sure, if it's a saturday, there's *hopefully* going to be nitelinks running. There's none this weekend, but hopefully next week will be better.

Something in town would probably suit more people than stillorgan, (even though Stillorgan would suit me better) I'm sure there's something we can do in town for everyone then us "adults" can go for drinks.

kateos2 wrote: »
    I'll try and go. Am I going to be the only person who doesn't know anyone though? :(
    Sure, if it's a saturday, there's *hopefully* going to be nitelinks running. There's none this weekend, but hopefully next week will be better.

Something in town would probably suit more people than stillorgan, (even though Stillorgan would suit me better) I'm sure there's something we can do in town for everyone then us "adults" can go for drinks.

I only know Stev_o and not sure if he's going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Is anyone under 18 (besides me) even planning on going?

It seems to me like it's pretty much just Overlord and all the DCU/Trinners heads.

kateos2 wrote: »

I don't know anyone in person here either, but that hasn't stopped me going to a boards meetup before. What some forums like to do is get everyone to exchange mobile numbers with someone else you know definitely going. That way you can contact each other beforehand so you won't have any trouble finding the group or anything.

• Advertisement

Is anyone under 18 (besides me) even planning on going?

It seems to me like it's pretty much just Overlord and all the DCU/Trinners heads.

I'm under 18

Advertisement