Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C&H meetup Saturday 16th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Pygmalion wrote: »
    I'm under 18

We've been through this before Pyggy, you don't count as an under-18 because of that face fungus of yours. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

We've been through this before Pyggy, you don't count as an under-18 because of that face fungus of yours. :P
    That's in the law books alright. You're considered 'over 18' when it's been 18 years since you were born or when your facial hair is more than a few scraggly arse hairs. Which ever comes first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

kateos2 wrote: »
    I'll try and go. Am I going to be the only person who doesn't know anyone though? :(
    Sure, if it's a saturday, there's *hopefully* going to be nitelinks running. There's none this weekend, but hopefully next week will be better.

Something in town would probably suit more people than stillorgan, (even though Stillorgan would suit me better) I'm sure there's something we can do in town for everyone then us "adults" can go for drinks.

Doubt you'll be the only one who knows no one, but meeting internet people isn't as scary as you'd think.
    Unless you're meeting Fad. He's terrifying. :P

If you want (and I decide I'm actually coming!), I can give you my number, so it's fairly easy to find people. :)
    Is anyone under 18 (besides me) even planning on going?

It seems to me like it's pretty much just Overlord and all the DCU/Trinners heads.

I'm under 18! I dunno if I'm going, but I am under 18 (and have no facial hair. Sob. :P Seriously though, I look about 5. Meh.)
    I'm also from UCD (along with Fad, even if he desperately wants to escape it), if that is any consolation...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

I'm going to what ever you agree on just agree on it :P I'm from UCD doing same stuff as fad but never had chance to meet anyone but aoibheann . It's not as scary as people think . It's nice . It's odd but nice . anyone nevous just send a pm , to anyone you know is going and you feel comfortable talking to but when everyone meets up don't separate into little groups and not talk to one another , mingle .

this has been a tipsy chatbox annoucement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Is anyone under 18 (besides me) even planning on going?

It seems to me like it's pretty much just Overlord and all the DCU/Trinners heads.
    I'm 17 and in UCD and I shave,that's two of us at least.
    kateos2 wrote: »
    I'll try and go. Am I going to be the only person who doesn't know anyone though? :(
    Sure, if it's a saturday, there's *hopefully* going to be nitelinks running. There's none this weekend, but hopefully next week will be better.

Something in town would probably suit more people than stillorgan, (even though Stillorgan would suit me better) I'm sure there's something we can do in town for everyone then us "adults" can go for drinks.

Well,this thread was for suggestions on where and the 16 th was the most popular date.

and the only person on boards that I've ever met is Shacklebolt and he's in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I'm under 18! I dunno if I'm going, but I am under 18 (and have no facial hair. Sob. :P Seriously though, I look about 5. Meh.)
    I'm also from UCD (along with Fad, even if he desperately wants to escape it), if that is any consolation...

Dont lie to the people, honest truth about your beard NOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

*cough*
    Would've made more sense if ye'd waited 'til colleges had reopened...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

ive met chatbox a few times around UCD!!! havnt seen you in ages man lol...apart from that i know no one on here so im sure there'll be loadsa of us who dont know anyone...it'll all be ok :)

kev_s88 wrote: »
    ive met chatbox a few times around UCD!!! havnt seen you in ages man lol...apart from that i know no one on here so im sure there'll be loadsa of us who dont know anyone...it'll all be ok :)
    Ah sorry, forgot you posted here for a moment.....
    There are so many people I haven't met in ages , get stopped so many times walking around UCD . it'll be nice to see you at this thing .

• Advertisement

I have seen Chatbox in UCD but invariably I am doing things or need to run off somewhere when I do thus dont get to say hello. :(

looking forward to this now...16th with all you guys, then straight back to the hallowed halls of Newman :) then off to london the weekend after for a fine Leinster game :) things are good! :P

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

My attendance at the elder C&H meet up is now dependant solely on the weather on the day before i.e. the day I'll be heading up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

bythewoods wrote: »
    *cough*
    Would've made more sense if ye'd waited 'til colleges had reopened...

That's what I said, of course others, including you IIRC, voted for the 16th.

Ironically enough though it is I who can make it and you who will miss out on the fun (if this one actually goes ahead).

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

I can't commit to anything but I might pop down!

Fad wrote: »
    I have seen Chatbox in UCD but invariably I am doing things or need to run off somewhere when I do thus dont get to say hello. :(
    I saw you doing djing in the student bar , think it was just tutorial as you played the same beat over and over and over and over :P

cHaTbOx wrote: »
    I saw you doing djing in the student bar , think it was just tutorial as you played the same beat over and over and over and over :P

Nah, it's called minimal drum-tech, you just get two loops, 108bpm and 110bpm and mix 'em back and forth.

I saw you at the cycling to galway meeting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Stillorgan?Seriously?...Whats wrong with just having it in town it'll be a lot less awkward in fairness!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Stillorgan?Seriously?...Whats wrong with just having it in town it'll be a lot less awkward in fairness!

YEEEAH!

to be honest id be surprised if it ended up happening in stillorgan...hopefully the weather should be a bit better by next weekend and we can actually just hang around in town...stillorgan is just such a trek! :)

on another note, looking forward to the pint with the elders :)

• Advertisement

to be honest id be surprised if it ended up happening in stillorgan...hopefully the weather should be a bit better by next weekend and we can actually just hang around in town...stillorgan is just such a trek! :)

The Elders of the Internet... I like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Thats all Im going for anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Fcuk it, effort of going up on my own is too much

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

A Neurotic wrote: »
    The Elders of the Internet... I like that.
    Stephen Hawkings himself has approved of this meet up. ;)

Fcuk it, effort of going up on my own is too much

I'll probably be shmaltsing up on the old autobus on the 15th or 16th.

Well,it's been 4 pages and nobody has suggested anywhere else. This was meant to be a place for what to do/where to meet and stuff.Hell,I probably won't be there[looks like UCD won't be opening on time]

Now,put on your thinking caps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Pygmalion wrote: »
    I only know Stev_o and not sure if he's going.

Looks like everyone can't be arsed....again. Was in town today and believe me it's not nICE (har har) way too ****ing cold and what not. So if this does go ahead i suggest it being inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Stev_o wrote: »
    Looks like everyone can't be arsed....again. Was in town today and believe me it's not nICE (har har) way too ****ing cold and what not. So if this does go ahead i suggest it being inside.

Im still up for an elders beers. Screw the young un's if they are too apathetic to organise something :pac:

Stev_o wrote: »

we canz meet in mah Haus in You See Dee.That's practically stillorgan so,doesn't make much difference.

I'd imagine Stephen's Green looks pretty epic right about now in the snow

• Advertisement

Fad wrote: »
    Nah, it's called minimal drum-tech, you just get two loops, 108bpm and 110bpm and mix 'em back and forth.
    I knew what it was , just it;s funny what tit sounds like when you are not paying attention to it .
    I saw you at the cycling to galway meeting too.
    Are you doing that too ?

Advertisement