Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Colleges of Further Education around the country closed due to snow?

Options
  • 08-01-2010 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Since the primary and secondary schools are closed, the colleges of further education's around ireland should be closed untill Thursday 14th january.

I don't see the difference why we should be open and they are not. I cannot make it up there.

My question is, are they closed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

it says on the college website that exams are postponed for next week but the college is open as usual but if the heavy snow comes that is promised for sunday then id imagine they will close as most lecturers probably wouldnt make it in, im in two minds as to travel also all i can do is take it day by day:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zziplex

I was in mon/tue/wed thur could not make it in due to roads and am back in monday. So yes its open anyway but I guess that could change looking at weather for sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IronWolf

Keep an eye on the I.T Carlow website for any announcements, link :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

"All EXAMINATIONS due to commence in week beginning Monday 11th January 2010 are now DEFERRED until week beginning Monday 18th January 2010."

Iv got a exam next week, only 1. Does that mean it wont be next week or are they talking about timetabled exams?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IronWolf

It does say "all examinations". However, you should get in touch with your course director for a definitive answer :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

To all IT Carlow Students

The Institute will be open on Monday 11th January 2010, however, it is expected that there will be disruption to scheduled activities due to the weather conditions.

All exams have been deferred until Monday 18th January 2010.

Evening classes will not take place on Monday 11th and Tuesday 12th January 2010 in Carlow, Wexford and Wicklow. These will be rescheduled at a later date.

Staff and students of the Institute are advised to take local factors and new weather developments into consideration when planning their journeys to and from the campuses of IT Carlow.

The Institute advises that the access roads, car parks and paths at all campuses of IT Carlow are snow covered and icy in places. Due care should be taken at all times.

Regards

Paula Butler
    Communications & Freedom of Information Officer
    Tel: 059 9175083
    Email: communications@itcarlow.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 beau_beau

Thanks for putting this email on boards.. I had no way of knowing only for this.

deaglan169 wrote: »
    To all IT Carlow Students

The Institute will be open on Monday 11th January 2010, however, it is expected that there will be disruption to scheduled activities due to the weather conditions.

All exams have been deferred until Monday 18th January 2010.

Evening classes will not take place on Monday 11th and Tuesday 12th January 2010 in Carlow, Wexford and Wicklow. These will be rescheduled at a later date.

Staff and students of the Institute are advised to take local factors and new weather developments into consideration when planning their journeys to and from the campuses of IT Carlow.

The Institute advises that the access roads, car parks and paths at all campuses of IT Carlow are snow covered and icy in places. Due care should be taken at all times.

Regards

Paula Butler
    Communications & Freedom of Information Officer
    Tel: 059 9175083
    Email: communications@itcarlow.ie

Advertisement