Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Supply in Kildare

Options
  • 08-01-2010 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

Who's got water supply problems?
    I'm in Newbridge and I'm all froze up, along with everyone on the estate by the looks of things.

Any news on the water being cut by the council like in other parts of the country?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AndrewMc

I'm in Newbridge and I'm all froze up, along with everyone on the estate by the looks of things.

Any news on the water being cut by the council like in other parts of the country?

With people leaving taps running in an attempt to stop things freezing, and also some burst mains, water supplies are low in some places so it's possible they're turning it off now and again, but I don't know for sure. There's a water tanker around Athy tomorrow, nothing about Newbridge: http://kildare.ie/CountyCouncil/PressReleases/PressReleaseTitle,20451,en.html

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We are in Maynooth and have no water either.
    Think it went about 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

In Naas here.
    The only water we got is coming from the kitchen sink and its running less and less... probably going to go soon... same for some of the neighbours too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Tyrant^ wrote: »
    In Naas here.
    The only water we got is coming from the kitchen sink and its running less and less... probably going to go soon... same for some of the neighbours too

I see there is a mains supply burst on the sallins road in Naas. Road was flooded.

council have dug 1 half of the road up to fix it. I would think this will affect people in that area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Niall F

I'm in Newbridge too. Water to house is ok. I do have a frozen pipe but it's in the house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

In Athy here, water is ok at the moment,
    But the council had water tankers out around the estates this morning for anyone to top up just in case
    (but they were sent out for today only - none tomorrow)

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Water seems to be back to normal around Naas/Sallins area

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭smares

In Straffan/Clane area and have no water from this morning anyone else the same in this area?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

some houses have water in newbridge and some don't. council will be supplying water tomorrrow so bring along your jerrycan.

smares wrote: »
    In Straffan/Clane area and have no water from this morning anyone else the same in this area?

again like in newbridge it is hit and miss, some have water some water. high risk of pipes being burst.
    council has provided two large water drums in straffan village and Clane. will be avilaible tomorrow sunday from 11am till around 4pm.

• Advertisement

Pablod wrote: »
    In Athy here, water is ok at the moment,
    But the council had water tankers out around the estates this morning for anyone to top up just in case
    (but they were sent out for today only - none tomorrow)

they should be there tomorrow. i would be surprsied if they aren't there between 12 and 4.

Fuinseog wrote: »
    they should be there tomorrow. i would be surprsied if they aren't there between 12 and 4.
    Thats what I would have taught aswell. But then we got a flyer through the door last night from a local council man saying:
    Please be aware that due to water pipes freezing there will be a water tanker moving throughout the estate 9:30am on Saturday the 9th of Jan 2010. THERE IS NO TANKER ON SUNDAY

This might be useful..... List_on_KFM check down the page for "List of Water Distribution Areas"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

still no water in monread in naas

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Anyone know how or where we report the lack of water to?

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Anyone know how or where we report the lack of water to?

I'd say if you can't get a hold of the County Council at all, see if you can contact one of your local councillors.

List of councillors here with their mobile numbers...

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

Still no water in Monread for me! every time we ring the council they get our details and never ring back!

Bastards!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

We're outside clane and have bveen without water since yesterday evening. Rang the council and emmet stagg and were told that there was a burst main on the barberstown to maynooth line that they were trying to mend. Went for a drive earlier and no sign of any work being done anywhere at all. Grrrrr. :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Hi

Check the Kildare Co Co website .....

http://kildare.ie/countycouncil/EmergencyNews/news/index.asp

There was news on there about a burst main on the Maynooth Rd in celbridge but thats been taken down now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

Davidth88 wrote: »
    There was news on there about a burst main on the Maynooth Rd in celbridge but thats been taken down now

does that mean it has been fixed? my estate was listed on that news post... can anyone verify?

i just called kevin byrne (labour councillor) and got an update.
    some more estates in celbridge are now affected and the resevoir is completely gone.
    they are trying to scrounge some water from fingal county council, but it's likely to take a couple more days to solve.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

David,
    Do you know if Castletown is still getting water or has it been cut off there too?

not sure, as they have taken down the post on the kildare coco site.
    i know there is a tankard due to be at castletown from 3pm to 6pm (nicely timed so by the time you get home from work, you've missed it)

(nicely timed so by the time you get home from work, you've missed it)

Yup.
    Not to mention the fact that I don't have a tractor and mobile tank sitting in my back garden just so I can go collect the water... :(

About as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Can I ask a silly question....

Where has all the water gone , and why isn't the resevoir replenished ? Is there a fault somewhere ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

For our house its the pipes that have frozen over,
    other places the pipes have frozen and burst,
    the water is at a low because of people leaving on their taps all night to prevent the pipes from freezing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Yup.
    Not to mention the fact that I don't have a tractor and mobile tank sitting in my back garden just so I can go collect the water... :(

About as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

exactly how much water would ya need for a day or two

depends if you want showers, how many flushes of the jax you want, and how frugal you can be!

Well, I'd like to have a shower in the morning and wash my hair!

best off staying in a friend's house until it all blows over. that's what i'm doing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Well, I'd like to have a shower in the morning and wash my hair!

depending on household size and activity you should be able to do that from water in your tank

tbh most of us want to do that but its not the end of the world is it...

just to be clear, can anyone confirm if water is out in Celbridge; KCC's PR simply mentions that there may be issues and there are putting tankers in place as an option

Advertisement