Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Supply in Kildare

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭davidclayton

some estates in celbridge are affected, some are not.
    give one of these contacts a call and ask about your specific estate:
    http://kildare.ie/countycouncil/CorporateAffairs/CorporateServices/MembersServices/MembersofKCC/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

day 5 with no water here in Maynooth.
    Some of my neighbours have it though:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 croftonl

in Thornhill Gardens Celbridge - only back since yesterday as was afraid of being snowed in for work Mon morning, and no water here either. anybody got any idea how long this can last?? also, what is the best thing to collect the water from the tanker in? any creative suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kilkea

croftonl wrote: »
    in Thornhill Gardens Celbridge - only back since yesterday as was afraid of being snowed in for work Mon morning, and no water here either. anybody got any idea how long this can last?? also, what is the best thing to collect the water from the tanker in? any creative suggestions?

You can get collapsable water containers (25L+) in a lot of army surplass shops, at least then you can collapse it down when this issue blows over.
    Most major hardware stores should have them but I have been looking around and I think they might be nearly sold out. Argos have a 30litre jerry can for around 25euro which has a tap on it, but again it is sold out in Carlow & Kilkenny but you might get it in some of the other stores.

Kilkea (near Castledermot) water has stopped today, looks like the water has finally run out in the resevoir. There is due to be a tanker in Moone tomorrow from 4-7 so going to go over and fill as many containers as I can. Really just want to keep water in toilets etc., if you need it for drinking water then I think you have to boil it first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 natterjack

Someone should sue these muppets for gross negligence!! Where are all the levies they got for development how much was spent on water supplies for Celbridge.

They then have the cheek not to tell anyone or worse to tell us they are conserving when the resevoir is bone dry. They must have seen this coming.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

I was without water in leixlip the past 5 days. Neighbours all had it though, so for me it was just a case of waiting till the pipes thawed and praying for no leaks.

Got it back last night, and fortunately my house was as dry as when i left it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Well, I still have water. The pressure has been turned right down, but at least I had it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Well, I still have water. The pressure has been turned right down, but at least I had it.

+1

low pressure at night to conserve but no other issues

I hope you enjoyed your shower!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I did thanks. :D

Updated Tankering Schedule - Wednesday 13th January 2010 - 10.30am
    Tankering Schedule - Wednesday 13th January 2010 - 10.30am

The tanker due to be at Derrinturn and Allenwood today is being redirected to Celbridge as there is no demand for tankered water in the Derrinturn/Allenwood area.

The tanker will complete a circuit visiting Oakleigh, St. Raphael's Manor, Oldtown Mill and Thornhill Meadows in Celbridge between 11-2 today and residents should keep an eye out for the tanker in their own estate during these times.

Springfield Hotel, Leixlip 9:00 to 11:00

Straffan Inn Straffan 11:30 to 13:30

Maynooth Business Park 14:00 to 15:00 Tanks to unit 13 and block K unit 3

Ballygoran View, Celbridge 17:00 to 20:00

Kildare Town (The Square) 15:00 to 18:00

Ballitore 9:00 to 12:00

Calverstown12:30 to 15:30

Moone 16:00 to 19:00

Any amendments to this schedule will be updated as they occur.

• Advertisement

Beruthiel wrote: »
    I did thanks. :D

Glad to hear it:pac:
    The tanker will complete a circuit visiting Oakleigh, St. Raphael's Manor, Oldtown Mill and Thornhill Meadows in Celbridge between 11-2 today and residents should keep an eye out for the tanker in their own estate during these times.

This suggests the problem in celbridge is in that part of town

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

I'm in that part of the town and can confirm I have zero water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭You

+1
    Zero water in Oldtown Mill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

gatecrash wrote: »
    I was without water in leixlip the past 5 days. Neighbours all had it though, so for me it was just a case of waiting till the pipes thawed and praying for no leaks.

Got it back last night, and fortunately my house was as dry as when i left it.

Im in Leixlip too (Ryevale), and my pipes are still frozen :(

Maybe the sun will come out later on...

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭GUIGuy

Water stopped about 2 days ago (still had water in tank so can't be accurate) in Raphael's Manor Celbridge... no leaks there, just cut off with no warning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Anyone know if the water is back on in Athy yet? i Moved down to Dublin to the parents at the weekend and havent been home since.

anyone know the situation in celbridge now? has supply been brought back to all estates, with reduced pressure at night, or is it still completely shut off in some estates?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭koheim

No water for 3 days now, what is happening??

There is no notice in advance, there is no information anywhere and there is no news about when the water will be back. Why are people not more angry? Should this just be accepted as everything else bad in this country..

I just do not get it, water does not suddenly disappear. Not in any other countries anyway, and trust me there is worse weather anywhere else so no excuse there.

My questions:
    Did the developer get away with murder again, by not digging the water pipes down enough?
    Did the engineers take an extended break and not check the reservoirs?
    Why are some estates completely cut off?
    Or are the pipes just to old and needs replacing? Then we are in for 5-10 years of disruptions.....

What can you do? Just give up??

Just heard that some estates have water back; ballygoran being one of them. I live close to there and I'm heading home at the moment... Fingers crossed!

water is back in my estate :)
    reduced pressure

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Theshedog

In celbridge myself. near wolstans. no water still. 1 week ago it started. Frozen pipes first, then cut off! Was told it would be back on today. anyone know anything??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

No water in Oldtown Mill this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

No water in Thornhill Gardens still. Its been gone since Monday.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We got water back in Maynooth this morning,it had been gone since Friday.
    Hopefully we still have it when we get home!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭GUIGuy

Still no water in Raphael's Manor. I wonder when they start charging us for water will we get a service level agreement/contract???;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

I emailed the council yesterday and someone got back to me just now...
    here's the latest update...

"we cant say exactly when, but the problem is "the Reservoirs ran dry". work is going on 24 hours a day and it is hoped things will improve very soon."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 eric75

http://kildare.ie/countycouncil/EmergencyNews/news/view-details.asp?NewsID=252

I cant understand how "the Reservoirs ran dry" only for few estates.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Marlay

eric75 wrote: »
    http://kildare.ie/countycouncil/EmergencyNews/news/view-details.asp?NewsID=252

I cant understand how "the Reservoirs ran dry" only for few estates.

As far as I know the problem is that the water is at a reduced pressure so certain estates (at the end of pipelines or on higher ground) lose supply. The reservoir ran dry because South Dublin County Council cut off the supply to it, because of their own shortage. They are trying to refill the reservoir but its going to take a long time.

My main problem is the lack of information from KCC. The SDCC website has had constant updates and information on the areas that will have reduced supply or outages and when they will occur. All I got from a phone call to KCC was 'the water is gone, we don't know when it will be back'.

We did have some water in Raphael's Manor yesterday evening, but because the pressure was so low it didn't reach the attic tank, so no water in the bathroom taps etc, and no showers. No water again last night and this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 eric75

I hope they wont do the mistake to refill first the reservoires with water and after to give it to us. They should give us water,even for few hours daily, in the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 croftonl

Still no water here! out since Monday at least...will try to get some answers 2mor from council - though the line everytime you ring is "we have no idea when it will be back" - has anyone tried the dept of environment? who has the overall responsibility here?? I'm lucky - I don't have kids - but most of the people in my estate have young families - have no idea how they are coping!

Advertisement