Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Supply in Kildare

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 eric75

In Raphael's Manor water is back in the kitchen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

I have 3 boys under 6 and it's definitely hard alright especially trying to wash a baby and make bottles. It's not impossible though and hopefully it won't be forever :)

Only issue really is washing clothes, going to have to travel a fair bit at the weekend to try and get some stuff done, have been without water now since monday evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 pyro940

Anyone know when it is likely to be back on?

Kitchen water back because supply is on at reduced pressure, enough to feed your cold tap but not enough to get to the top of the house and fill the tanks, no harm to bucket some water up to fill the tank in the attic, if it is an option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DC1975

Still no water anywhere - been out since Tuesday... the tankers keep coming round when we're at work too....

Keep checking the Kildare CC website but no updates on when it's likely to come back on... cant understand how some estates are without completely and Wolstens Abbey and Hazelhatch are fine?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭koheim

I live in Oldtown mill as well.
    My theory is that since the estate has not been taken over the Concil does not see it as their task to provide water....also the estate would be prioritized last.
    Anyway, that might not be the case, but the whole thing is an disgrace. We moved out to family yesterday as we have a 8 month old baby, just glad we have the opportunity, if not I do not know what we would have done. The worse thing is the lack of information, it really is a muppet show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 piper69

I have just moved in here and and like the others not impressed by the lack of information :mad:, does anyone knows if the residents association
    in old town mill is still active ?. I looked at their website, but it looked pretty dead.

Thanks in advance for any info.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Marlay

eric75 wrote: »

Hi, yes we had water there yesterday, and it seems it wasn't cut off overnight either (at least it was working at about 12.30am and still working at around 7am). Is the pressure still too low to fill the attic tank though, or has that been restored now as well?

The attic tank has been restored now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Damn!!

Just outside Newbridge, nothing froze as the mains has been leaking for 10 months steadily, despite repeated reports to the council..

Sadly though this means that we can't conserve water as our beloved leader grunted at us on TV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 croftonl

Water finally back! reduced pressure and not sure if it is filling tank but water in kitchen is back!!
    BTW - rang council today and they a really are a shower of muppets! couldn't tell me when I would be back on, and when I complained re-tankers coming during the day I was told - "it's in old town mill tonight till 7pm - but I don't know where that is in Celbridge!" Going to see my local TD's tomorrow to see if they can get some answers - as this will only continue to happen if they don't do some sort of remedial action.

But for now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AndrewMc

From http://www.kildare.ie/AthyTownCouncil/PressReleases/PressReleaseTitle,20528,en.html
    WATER MAINS ACCESS POINTS- Emily Square/ Oaklawns

Two water supply points (with taps) from mains supply has been set up at Emily Square (corner of Osborne's Solicitors) and at the entrance to Oaklawns estate (Carlow Road).

The public can access water at these locations today Friday to 8pm and this Saturday and Sunday from 8.30am to 8pm.

NB: As a precautionary measure water from these taps should be boiled before using for drinking or cooking purposes. Please bring your own clean water container as the Town Council is not supplying containers.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AndrewMc

Received today from Richard Daly regarding Athy:
    WATER SUPPLY UPDATE - Saturday, 16th January, 1pm

Due to recent weather conditions and potential flooding of River Barrow (and the subsequent impact on water supply to Athy), the Town Council has issued a water supply alert to all businesses and householders in the town. The Town Council is requesting all users to make necessary arrangements for water over the coming hours, in advance of possible disruption to to the town's supply.

All areas throughout the town are at risk of reduced pressures and an increased risk of loss of supply. The Town Council regrets any inconvenience caused by these restrictions and will do everything possible to minimise their scale and duration.

The Town Council is monitoring the water supply situation on an ongoing basis and will provide regular updates on its website www.athytowncouncil.ie All users are requested to conserve water where possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

Gone again in oldtown mill, celbridge. No warning :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pablod

water gone in Athy this evenung,
    pressure started to drop last night and was still the same this morning,
    This evening it is now gone.:(

Luckily I had the 20ltr drums from when the barrow burst its banks last year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

Gone again in Thornhill Gardens, Celbridge. It's disgraceful. Only came back yesterday morning and at a decent pressure yesterday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Scudges Da

Just a quick note:

If you have water at your kitchen sink but have no water anywhere else in your house you probably have an air-lock,this is unlikely to clear itself. You should check to see if the tank in the attic is full and if so your system is air-locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Buffman

Scudges Da wrote: »
    Just a quick note:

If you have water at your kitchen sink but have no water anywhere else in your house you probably have an air-lock,this is unlikely to clear itself. You should check to see if the tank in the attic is full and if so your system is air-locked.

This always happens with my hot water. If you have any mixing taps in the house, you can clear the air by opening both taps (cold water will run, hot won't). Then block the tap with your finger for a few minutes. The cold water should force the air out. The attic water tank will have to be full for this to work.

If you don't have mixing taps, you can connect a hot and cold tap with a hose and do the same thing.

A big problem at the moment is people getting water at the kitchen sink, but the pressure being insufficient to reach the attic tank.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles to avoid the DRS fee.

In Raphael's Manor water only at kitchen sink starting with this evening:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

Oldtown Mill - At around 7:30am I had enough water in the kitchen tap to fill containers with about 20 litres of water this morning. After that the tap ran completely dry!

I got a step ladder last night so that I can refill my attic tank manually. Lot of work though! But at least you can occasionally have a shower in your own home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Marlay

eric75 wrote: »
    In Raphael's Manor water only at kitchen sink starting with this evening:mad:

Yes, looks like they reduced the pressure again last night. Seemed to be better again this morning. Most of the county councils are doing the same thing:

SDCC reduced pressure 7pm - 7am
    Fingal reduced pressure 10pm - 6am

KCC reduced pressure, could be any time, with NO warning or notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 RTÉ Prime Time: David

I'm a producer with RTE's Prime Time and we are doing a piece on the ongoing water shortages in Ireland.

I'd like to get in touch with someone who has been experiencing mains water shortages for a prolonged period to possibly contribute to a package we will be filming this week.

Ideally we'd like to film in the home of a family that is finding the lack of water particularly distressful.

I can be contacted at watershortages@gmail.com or through the forum.

Thanks,

David Lawless

Producer/Director
    Prime Time
    RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Ideally we'd like to film in the home of a family that is finding the lack of water particularly distressful.

:rolleyes:

what a surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭boccy23

in Coill Dubh and no water this evening.

Anyone else in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Still have water in Naas but its contaminated... sometimes so bad it looks like someone put Disprin or Andrews in the water.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Tyrant^ wrote: »
    Still have water in Naas but its contaminated... sometimes so bad it looks like someone put Disprin or Andrews in the water.

If its white thats okay, happens quite a bit to my parents water supply... just means the council have added more florine(I think) than usual.

Advertisement