Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to create a handy shortcut - "GodMode"

• 08-01-2010 10:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭

Saw this and I thought it would be useful to post here.

Create a folder on your desktop (or wherever suits).
    Rename it with the text below.

GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

This will change the new folder icon into a control panel of sorts. Inside you will find all manner of handy tools to tweak your PC.

All these tools are already on the PC, but this has them all in one folder for easy of access.

:)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yeah, seen this the other day. Don't use it much but might come in handy some day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

For Windows 7 and Vista 32bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,230 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

for a second i thought you were pranking but then ":eek:"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

any chance of such a code for XP, would be really cool to show to my bro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭ajc100

This will change the new folder icon into a control panel of sorts. Inside you will find all manner of handy tools to tweak your PC.

All these tools are already on the PC, but this has them all in one folder for easy of access.

:)

What kinda tools and could they be dangerous in the wrong hands?;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

ajc100 wrote: »
    What kinda tools and could they be dangerous in the wrong hands?;)

It's nothing you can't do from Control Panel anyway and you can name it whatever you like before the .{........} bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Do NOT do this if you are running Vista 64. I did and it caused Explorer to constantly restart. My own fault for ignoring the post above showing what OS its compatible with :o. Found a solution online though, so all well now. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Thanks OP.

Vista 32:
    toolkit.jpg

Advertisement