Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming Pool in Tuam

Options
  • 08-01-2010 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

I know that the lease on the swimming pool changed hands over the Autumn and I was wondering, is it open to "pay as you swim" customers during the evening time (6-9 pm ish) or do you have to become a fullyfledged member of the Kingfisher, (who I believe are the new people who are running the pool/gym) to avail of the swimming pool. Tx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,898 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Well, the public hours have been seriously reduced. I don't know the actual times and something tells me that these public hours would be at awkward times.

You can ring them on this number: 093 52394

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

The evening public hours are 5 to 7 but no kids are allowed at this session. The hours have been dramatically reduced as Mars Bar has outlined and they have hiked up the prices for schools. Very nice people in Kingfisher. Not.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

5-7pm... Pretty crap hours. Considering Tuam as a commuter town, most people would only be getting in the door at 7pm, forget food shopping, partner, babysitter, dinner etc. If they wanted to make a serious effort at accommodating people, 7-9.30 would be more appropriate maybe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭serfboard

dec25532 wrote: »
    The evening public hours are 5 to 7 but no kids are allowed at this session. The hours have been dramatically reduced as Mars Bar has outlined and they have hiked up the prices for schools. Very nice people in Kingfisher. Not.

Incorrect. The evening hours are 7:30->9:30. 5->7 is reserved for members only (same policy as in Kingfisher Renmore, and probably the other ones as well.)

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Hear the town councillors are seeking a deputation with the owners to see if they can extend the public hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Killed

Sunday public hours are 9-11 and 3-6. Whoever signed that contract for the County Council is a disgrace, shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nelly1galway

hey guys, public meeting monday night in town hall, it was in the tuam herald, re public hours, disgracefull at the way its going, place empty now, that was never the case with aura, also never any hassel there before, no one cared who was a member or not, the door was always open, i have not rejoined because of this, who do they think they are, talk about class distingusion

Advertisement