Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHATS THAT ABOVE KINSEALEY??

Options
  • 08-01-2010 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, i know there's been a few threads elsewhere about strange objects in the sky over certain parts of Dublin.

My wife just rang me from our house in Kinsealey, says there's something strange in the sky, anybody else seen anything???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Any chance of a description?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Any chance of a description?

It looked like a large balloon, a dull yellow in colour?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I was meant to reply to this. I looked out and didnt see a thing. Was she driving or at home having a glass of vino? :)

Kiera wrote: »
    I was meant to reply to this. I looked out and didnt see a thing. Was she driving or at home having a glass of vino? :)

Nope, she was in the back room and strongest she'd had to drink was a cup of Gold Blend

She looked online and said it looked like this

http://www.ufodigest.com/news/0808/dublinufo.html

Where in the sky was it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

scudzilla wrote: »
    My wife just rang me from our house in Kinsealey, says there's something strange in the sky, anybody else seen anything???
    Let me think, something in the sky near Kinsealy, whatever could it be. Hard to take this serious considering it's on some flights paths in and out of Dublin airport.

My own opinion would be that the Airport or Wrights would be the answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭roneythetube

because it NEVER could be anything other than a 'simple' explanation such as an aircraft or a nightclub...this looks like neither but we can simply cannot entertain the notion that it may have been anything else. OK?

Now that's cleared up...as you were folks. Nothing strange to see here or anywhere else for that matter. Carry on.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

because it NEVER could be anything other than a 'simple' explanation such as an aircraft or a nightclub...this looks like neither but we can simply cannot entertain the notion that it may have been anything else. OK?

Now that's cleared up...as you were folks. Nothing strange to see here or anywhere else for that matter. Carry on.:)
    Step this way.

Put the handbags down and step away from the thread.

OP - Would it have been Mars? Around 45-50 degrees in the south east at the time you posted. It has an orange tinge to it and is very bright at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Hauk

I'll put my money on it being Mars, or a chinese lantern.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭roneythetube

No - its nothing out of the ordinary..now go back to shopping and watching TV for details of the latest in this dreadful weather that only our Government can save us from..nothing to see here or anywhere else for that matter...:D

no such thing as aliens...of course not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 winterchickens

If it is a chinese floating lantern it will be close, then rise, then pick up speed and disappear in 20 minutes when the fuel block burns out. It will be one colour and not make any 'wierd' movements as it will be blown by the wind way up high.
    These lanterns are becoming very popular. First time I seen one was in Kent last year and thought they were UFOs. They are cheap to buy on ebay and are a lot more fun at a onfire and safer than fireworks. The ones I bought were about up to my waist high and two feet across.
    Regards.
    Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

Probably a chinese lantern, but would need a further description! Theres hundreds of them out now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

irish lifeboats land helicopters in Airside could that be it?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

My money's on it being a Martian Lantern

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

loads of chinese lanterns in dublin now? and who would be the stereotypical chinese lantern purchaser?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

A lot of people seem to buy chinese lanterns for their weddings and special occasions. A word of caution on them though - you're not supposed to release them within a 5 mile radius of the airport.

Táck wrote: »
    loads of chinese lanterns in dublin now? and who would be the stereotypical chinese lantern purchaser?

Chinese people??

Advertisement