Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1ooo horses..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I think that number is rather low.

Luckily, I am in a position to pump food into mine. At present I can give them only ration, apples, carrots etc. as the haylage ordered cannot make it to me until the weather gets better and the untreated very dangerous roads have thawed.

I had a long chat with the guy I get my haylage from and he said that he has loads of orders from horse owners but can't get to them, even with a 4WD - it's simply too dangerous with a trailer and heavy bales on it. So I continue to shovel ration into them, mineral lick stones and apples/carrots - the latter in a reasonable fashion - until the weather gets better and I can take delivery of the haylage.

In the meantime I am trying to source square bales of hay which will fit into the back of my small van (inca),so anyone who knows of square bales for sale in my region (Loughrea/Portumna), please PM me and let me know :).

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

God reward you!

Maybe this year they will do more square bales. I remember trying to get these when I had a couple of sheep and a goat... They were like gold dust

EGAR wrote: »
    I think that number is rather low.

Luckily, I am in a position to pump food into mine. At present I can give them only ration, apples, carrots etc. as the haylage ordered cannot make it to me until the weather gets better and the untreated very dangerous roads have thawed.

I had a long chat with the guy I get my haylage from and he said that he has loads of orders from horse owners but can't get to them, even with a 4WD - it's simply too dangerous with a trailer and heavy bales on it. So I continue to shovel ration into them, mineral lick stones and apples/carrots - the latter in a reasonable fashion - until the weather gets better and I can take delivery of the haylage.

In the meantime I am trying to source square bales of hay which will fit into the back of my small van (inca),so anyone who knows of square bales for sale in my region (Loughrea/Portumna), please PM me and let me know :).

Advertisement