Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water off in Dundalk?

Options
  • 08-01-2010 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

Living in Lis Na Dara. Water off since around 8pm this evening. Anyone else with the same problem?

Notice up about it on Louth local authorities website:
    Due to severe weather conditions Dundalk Town Council advises that as a precautionary measure householders and businesses should put in place arrangements to have a supply of drinking water available in their home (i.e. bottled water)

Where there are elderly neighbours Dundalk Town Council would ask that you ensure they also have a supply of drinking water in their home.

Where there is currently no supply of water to your premises due to frozen services this situation is likely to continue until the weather improves, due to frozen underground conditions.

The Council will provide temporary water facilities at Mullaharlin Park, Lios Dubh and Lennonstown from 9.00am tomorrow Saturday, 9th and Sunday, 10th January, 2010.

Link: http://www.louthcoco.ie/index.aspx?deptid=43&dpageid=12&recid=450&la=DTC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Water still off in Lis Na Dara this evening. Meant to be off as well in other areas of the town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭nanu nanu

Yes but we're in Cork.

There's more than one then! :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Snoddy

We've had no water since yesterday however our neighbours do. We are the lucky ones with frozen pipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Hi OP

No disconnection in the estate from the mains however a lot of residents are suffering from a loss of water due to frozen mains.... Some houses are ok and others are not... In Lis Na Dara too and I am the only one on my pretty big road with water....

My neighbour got his back this evening though so looks like the thaw is hitting the mains :)

• Advertisement

Hi MugMugs. Thanks for that. Mine came back today. But the neighbour's two doors down from me is still off. I'm down the back of the estate in Ard Na Si. There was a management company fella going around this evening checking the supply. Thought the town council would be doing this sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

PM

Advertisement