Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madden NFL Arcade

• 08-01-2010 11:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Just wondering people's views on this arcade title. I was thinking it was going to be as amazing as the 3on3 NHL Arcade (which is fantastic! Play it if you have not so far)...but so far I'm not too sure.

Downloaded trial - control screen is not as clear cut as it should be. Actually quite simple once you work it out / play a bit. Gameplay isn't bad but maybe I was expecting too much. The two touchdowns per game in the trial is a little limited at times, especially at the start - how do I defend?! Has grown on me over time...mainly because I've gotten better :)

Have had some cracking runs - one that springs to mind time and time again (and illustrates how great the game could be): ball is snapped, thrown to wide receiver, he spins past one tackle...past a second in quick succession, hands off a third player coming right at him, makes another few yards but ultimately tackled.

That was a great moment for me. But trying to work out whether it justifies it's 1200 points price tag. I would pay nearly anything for the 3v3 Hockey equivilent - and it has paid me back with endless enjoyment...versus AI or against friends (very easy to pick up and play). So far, I can't say if the NFL title will do the same (the fact that it's NFL can put off some people as I experienced recently in a local game :p). Help me out people? I have the points...should I get the game?!

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Iv played the demo and it just ant compare to the 3v3 NHL, NHL is a far superior game, as you said its easy to play and good craic, Madden Arcade isnt as easy to pick up and play, not worth 1200 MSP imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Mweelrea

I think the game is good craic, Its irratating that you can't convert the second touchdown on the demo though. I'm completely sold on the game, just can't justify 1200mp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

To be honest, I'm getting closer to purchasing it...Had a few games last night and there were some glorious moments! It's all about learning the buttons - they really should have made that image clearer.

Also, they could have kept some of the buttons the same between 'Arcade' and 'Standard' - some bizarre choices from EA. Switched to standard because you can actually do a diving tackle. Unlike with Arcade where someone would break the defence and all you can do is run after them.....

🤪

Advertisement