Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat and dog..A warm cold weather tale

Options
  • 08-01-2010 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭

We have two cats and two dogs; all rescues.

They sleep and live in separate rooms; collie hates cats and if she caught them she would kill them.

Wee dog ( JRT/Bassett cross) met Cat when she was still a pup and Cat is a softie; he wil roll on his back in front of wee dog.

Collie sleeps in the porch; wee dog in the sitting room.. Various reasons.

Cats sleep on my bed; bedroom opens off sitting room.. the only fire is in the sitting room and these nights it is big. I leave the bedroom door open with an old baker's tray across it to keep the dogs out.

Last night, Cat got attached to the coal fire, as cats will..

He took over wee dog's favourite chair, blankie and all.

Dog meekly slept on the other chair.

Tonight?

See what the cold weather can achieve...

catndog.jpg

Of course when the fire dies down, cat abandons dog and comes back to the bed
    But so lovely to see this..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

Cute. My dog was great with the cats when they were youngsters, but for some reason (to do with wet 6kg cat deciding to throw himself at him in the middle of the night I suspect) he won't sleep with the cats anymore and gives up his bed and moves somewhere else if they try it.

Before that, this was a common sight:

LilyandJasperonbluechair.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Awww!!

Blueprint wrote: »
    Cute. My dog was great with the cats when they were youngsters, but for some reason (to do with wet 6kg cat deciding to throw himself at him in the middle of the night I suspect) he won't sleep with the cats anymore and gives up his bed and moves somewhere else if they try it.

Before that, this was a common sight:

LilyandJasperonbluechair.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Aww those pics are so lovely. Its amazing what the cold can achieve!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

Graces7 wrote: »
    We have two cats and two dogs; all rescues.

They sleep and live in separate rooms; collie hates cats and if she caught them she would kill them.

Wee dog ( JRT/Bassett cross) met Cat when she was still a pup and Cat is a softie; he wil roll on his back in front of wee dog.

Collie sleeps in the porch; wee dog in the sitting room.. Various reasons.

Cats sleep on my bed; bedroom opens off sitting room.. the only fire is in the sitting room and these nights it is big. I leave the bedroom door open with an old baker's tray across it to keep the dogs out.

Last night, Cat got attached to the coal fire, as cats will..

He took over wee dog's favourite chair, blankie and all.

Dog meekly slept on the other chair.

Tonight?

See what the cold weather can achieve...

catndog.jpg

Of course when the fire dies down, cat abandons dog and comes back to the bed
    But so lovely to see this..
    ahhhh thats brilliant,,,one good thing comes out of this bad weather..

Advertisement