Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Cinema Nights.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

mudokon wrote: »
    Out of interest what did Nursemar88 say she disliked about it?
    I just thought it was a well told story but just not a very interesting story! thats just my opinion tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

Cool! I'll come along on Thursday to see "Brothers" (can't make Tuesday and wouldn't be in to seeing "Avatar" anyway). Can make it in to Tribes alright so see ye in there at 8ish. Looking forward to it!

Yeah, I'm not into films like Avatar. If you're in Tribes before me I won't have to ask any 'normals' who's who - coz I know what you look like! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Not sure if I'll make Thursday. I'll see. But I cannot drink much anymore, saving up for a trip :(

I wasnt really intending to go for a load of beer afterwards maybe one drink afterwards to chat but wasnt planning to stay out all night.
    nursemar88 wrote: »
    I just thought it was a well told story but just not a very interesting story! thats just my opinion tho!

From what I have read about it I could see your point as it would appear to be a slow moving story. It would need some really good dialogue to carry it through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

I wasnt really intending to go for a load of beer afterwards maybe one drink afterwards to chat but wasnt planning to stay out all night.

Nothing stopping you from having one and heading so :) there is always bound to be a few that want to have an all-nighter, not an option for me though with work on a Friday :(

My bowling night was a non-drinking event yet everyone went drinking afterwards...including me :o I had 1 lucozade though as I was driving. :)

kingtut wrote: »
    Nothing stopping you from having one and heading so :) there is always bound to be a few that want to have an all-nighter, not an option for me though with work on a Friday :(

My bowling night was a non-drinking event yet everyone went drinking afterwards...including me :o I had 1 lucozade though as I was driving. :)

I'd say this will be a more sedate affair than your bowling night as there is only 3 confirmed for the Thursday.

• Advertisement

I'd say this will be a more sedate affair than your bowling night as there is only 3 confirmed for the Thursday.

Who's confirmed - you, 30something and me?

colblimp wrote: »
    Who's confirmed - you, 30something and me?

Yeah just us 3 at the moment, maybe's are webmonkey, save our socks & miss shadow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Yeah thought so, but I don't even think I should be drinking a single drink!

I won't be drinking either anymore. I said that before though didn't I :p

You will always get a few who will turn up without confirming first or people who will tag along at the last minute, I had 12 people bowling at mine and to my knowledge only 6/7 people said they were going! :eek: was fun though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Yeah just us 3 at the moment, maybe's are webmonkey, save our socks & miss shadow.

i'll defo go on thursday.
    but i'd like to watch avatar :-/ , i guess i can watch it on my own on friday :cool:

• Advertisement

i'll defo go on thursday.
    but i'd like to watch avatar :-/ , i guess i can watch it on my own on friday :cool:

If nobody can make it for tomorrow for Avatar I'll probably do the same on Thursday. Not sure if it'll still be there on Friday.

Mudokon I'll be there on Thursday, someone has to keep an eye on you lot :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

If nobody can make it for tomorrow for Avatar I'll probably do the same on Thursday. Not sure if it'll still be there on Friday.

sweet :)

Mudokon I'll be there on Thursday, someone has to keep an eye on you lot :cool:

The more the merrier, at least there'll be someone talkative there. :)
    sweet :)

Yep, If I find something good on for lunch time I could spend all day at the cinema. :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I'm gonna try make Avatar 2nite, wont be till 8.45 though...

mik_da_man wrote: »
    I'm gonna try make Avatar 2nite, wont be till 8.45 though...

Doesn't look like anyone else can make it tonight so I was thinking going another time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Again... I can't make this week. I am busy Thursday, but I have already seen Brothers anyway, I really enjoyed it.

I love this plan though and will DEF go another time. mudokon, or anyone else, if you are still interested in The Road I'd love to see that if it's still out next week? I'm always interested in a good cinema trip though!

Is everyone that said they were going to see brothers on Thursday still going? I am anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

What movie thursday night?

Webmonkey wrote: »
    What movie thursday night?

Brothers according to earlier posts....

• Advertisement

440Hz wrote: »
    I love this plan though and will DEF go another time. mudokon, or anyone else, if you are still interested in The Road I'd love to see that if it's still out next week? I'm always interested in a good cinema trip though!

If it is still out, I'd go to see The Road next week. Will check the times at the weekend.

Is everyone that said they were going to see brothers on Thursday still going? I am anyway...

I'm still going, the time seems to have changed on Entertainment.ie from 9:15 to 9:00. I'll check with the Gate tomorrow for a definite time & post it here.

I'll still be there, will get to Tribes as soon as I can after my track session.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 30something2010

Yeah, I'm still going too. Will see ye in Tribes b4hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

My plans for tomorrow have changed and I can make this YAY! Is it still Brothers you are going to see? I saw that last week but might consider going for the social outting side anyway.

Yep it is Brothers we'll be seeing tomorrow. Maybe we'll see you there 440hz.

I checked with The Gate & it is 9pm for Brothers tonight so we should look at leaving Tribes by about 8:40.

Also Avatar will still be in next week same times as this week & The Road will still be there too but only one showing a day at 9:15pm.

Thanks to everyone who came along last time. :) I quite enjoyed the Brothers but I probably wouldnt have gone to see it if I had known beforehand that it was a remake of Danish film until I had seen the original. (pet peeve of mine about Hollywood)

Anyway if anyone has some suggestions for other films they want to see then share with us. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

what about edge of darkness? Old mad mel would give us all hours of chat :)

• Advertisement

Ziedth. wrote: »
    what about edge of darkness? Old mad mel would give us all hours of chat :)

It's getting mixed reviews but I'd be up for going to see it. It was mentioned last time about having something at the weekend so if anybody else is interested say whether mid-week or the weekend would suit you better.

Here's a trailer for Edge of Darkness.

Advertisement