Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Cinema Nights.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

mudokon wrote: »
    It's getting mixed reviews but I'd be up for going to see it. It was mentioned last time about having something at the weekend so if anybody else is interested say whether mid-week or the weekend would suit you better.

Here's a trailer for Edge of Darkness.

Nah, doesn't do it for me. I do still want to see 'Up In The Air', though. I'd also be willing to give 'It's Complicated' a go, as Steve Martin is in it and he's a great actor. I'd be up for seeing either of them tomorrow evening - UITA is on at 6:45 and IC starts at 6:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

i would def be on for it but i'd only be around midweek. I'd also give up in the air ago! See what the fuss is about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

colblimp wrote: »
    Nah, doesn't do it for me. I do still want to see 'Up In The Air', though. I'd also be willing to give 'It's Complicated' a go, as Steve Martin is in it and he's a great actor. I'd be up for seeing either of them tomorrow evening - UITA is on at 6:45 and IC starts at 6:30.

I'll go to see one of those tomorrow would prefer to see Up In The Air but I'll let you choose. :)
    Ziedth. wrote: »
    i would def be on for it but i'd only be around midweek. I'd also give up in the air ago! See what the fuss is about

So if we say Wednesday for the 9:15 showing if anyone else is interested. Again if anybody wants a contact number you can pm me.

I'll go to see one of those tomorrow would prefer to see Up In The Air but I'll let you choose. :)

Up In The Air looks like a bit of a hoot!

Up In The Air looks like a bit of a hoot!

We'll go for that then, If you want to meet up before I'll probably be in Costigans for some of the Rugby before the film.

• Advertisement

We'll go for that then, If you want to meet up before I'll probably be in Costigans for some of the Rugby before the film.

Wouldn't have a clue where Costigans is, I'm afraid. Can you give me a clue?!

It's on Washington Street. On the opposite side of the road to the Courthouse & just a little further down from the Courthouse if you are heading out of town.

It's on Washington Street. On the opposite side of the road to the Courthouse & just a little further down from the Courthouse if you are heading out of town.

Hmmm, it might be better if I just meet you in the Gate as I don't drink any more and I don't like rugby!

cool i'll check it out too. Wednesday at 9.15 ya? I'll prob meet at gate too. I'm new to cork so nice to actually get out during the week :)

Hmmm, it might be better if I just meet you in the Gate as I don't drink any more and I don't like rugby!

We can meet somewhere else if you want, I'm not that fussed about the Rugby but if not 6:30 at the Gate.
    cool i'll check it out too. Wednesday at 9.15 ya? I'll prob meet at gate too. I'm new to cork so nice to actually get out during the week :)

The last time we met in Tribes beforehand & if there is some more interest then maybe doing that again would be a good idea. If there is a lot of people hanging around at the cinema then it would make it harder to find people we havent met yet.

• Advertisement

We can meet somewhere else if you want, I'm not that fussed about the Rugby but if not 6:30 at the Gate.

The last time we met in Tribes beforehand & if there is some more interest then maybe doing that again would be a good idea. If there is a lot of people hanging around at the cinema then it would make it harder to find people we havent met yet.

That sounds good, where is tribes? Is that the pub around the corner from it across from the arcade?

I wont be hard to misd, i'll be coming from work so i'll be shirt n tie. Just in case ya think i dress up for cinema. :)

That sounds good, where is tribes? Is that the pub around the corner from it across from the arcade?

I wont be hard to misd, i'll be coming from work so i'll be shirt n tie. Just in case ya think i dress up for cinema. :)

Tribes is on Tuckey Street, opposite The Quad. If we meet there for around 8:20.

Anyone else want to come along?

perfect! I'm sure i'll track it down. Should be good laugh hopefully,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Would like to go but (again), can't do Wednesdays.

Really want to see The Road, Invictus and Youth and Revolt (trailer is very funny).

Actually I might go to Youth and Revolt this afternoon as a Sunday treat if anyone is interested in joining me. Might go to Mahon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

the road was disappointing. still kinda epic though

440Hz wrote: »
    Would like to go but (again), can't do Wednesdays.

If switching the day was better for more people then I'd be flexible, what day would suit you? Seeing as I agreed for Wednesday with Ziedth then if he isnt so flexible I'll have to stick with that.
    440Hz wrote: »
    Really want to see The Road, Invictus and Youth and Revolt (trailer is very funny).

Actually I might go to Youth and Revolt this afternoon as a Sunday treat if anyone is interested in joining me. Might go to Mahon though.

I cant make this afternoon unfortunately but would love to see that as well.

to be honest i live a very lonely life during the week :) so i'm free monday-thursday every week. Just pick a day that suits the majority and i'll happily go along with it.

You still on for tomorrow Ziedth? Might just be the two of us.

What film are you going to see tomorrow night, Mudokon?

Supposed to be Edge of Darkness but might try to convince Ziedth to switch to Up In The Air (hint hint ;)) as it might be the last chance for it seeing as it is down to one showing a day now.

• Advertisement

I'd be happy with up in the air. i heard dodgy things about EOD

There is a slight chance chance I maight have to work late, I'll know at lunch time and i'll post here if I do. but more then likely i'm good to go.

ya its looking like a late one i'm afraid. I'll know for sure at 6 though, pity cause i really wanted to catch up in the air!

These things happen, may as well leave it for another day then.

At the risk of being ridiculed, does anyone want to see 'Valentines Day'? :o Also, is 'Up In The Air' still showing?

I saw it on friday with Mrs Ziedth. I'm afraid its shockingly bad, up in the air is gone from Gate in city centre anyway. Couple of films have come out that might be decent. Precious, the lovely bones and crazyheart are all out that might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭nialljf

Anyone going to any of the Jameson Irish Film Fest events? Wonder are any of them worth my ducats

Anyone fancy seeing the crazies this week? I should be able to make the last show anynight up till and including thursday.

Anyone fancy seeing the crazies this week? I should be able to make the last show anynight up till and including thursday.

Take it you are talking about at the Gate, show is at 9:45. I'll be on for that.

I wouldnt mind going to see Crazy Heart as well this week. 9.30pm show.

Cool,

Thursday sound ok? give time and see does anyone else join in.

• Advertisement

Thursday will be alright for me. a few of the others are going for dinner that night so not sure if we'll get much more turning up though.

I'll get into town about twenty to nine from work so will probably head somewhere for a coffee beforehand.

Advertisement