Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Cinema Nights.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

That sounds grand so,

I'm hoping to be finished myself before 9 so we can sort it out wednesday or thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

Are you seeing Crazy Heart on Thursday night at 21:30?

Well it's the crazies I was interested in myself, although I'd like to give crazyheart a look also seeing as jeff bridges is going to win the oscar and all.

Oh, Crazies - right. Not sure I'd be into that, oh well.

Anyone want to see Crazy Heart or Valentines Day with me? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

I'd go to see Crazy Heart tomorrow night.

• Advertisement

Anyone interested in going to see anything from this?

Tried to get the week off work but my boss wasnt having it. :(

The ones I'll try to get to see are:

La Horde Friday 23:30
    Un Prophète Sunday 18:30

Both are on at the Gate

I'd go see crazyheart thursday,

Half 9 is it?

Ziedth. wrote: »
    I'd go see crazyheart thursday,

Half 9 is it?

yeah 9:30, I'd go to see either film.

I'd be up for Crazy Heart at 21:30 on Thursday, if everyone's in agreement? Mudokon?

colblimp wrote: »
    I'd be up for Crazy Heart at 21:30 on Thursday, if everyone's in agreement? Mudokon?

Suits me fine, I'll be in the bar around the corner from the cinema opposite the shopping centre if anyone gets there a bit early.

• Advertisement

mudokon wrote: »
    Suits me fine, I'll be in the bar around the corner from the cinema opposite the shopping centre if anyone gets there a bit early.

Excellent - what's the bar called?

Excellent - what's the bar called?

Not sure what it's called but if you were coming from the cinema end of North Main St it's just passed the coffee shop on the right hand side. It sits just back from the road in a little plaza.

Used to be called Le Cheile if that is any use to you.

Is it like for all the world an "irish pub" I think I know it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

I saw the crazies the other night. Not a bad movie at all!

Saw Lourdes in the gate tonight(Thank you 96fm :p) as part of the French film festival and wasnt too bad.

I'll be in town tomorrow & I'll check the name of the place out. If you get to Sheehans hardware store then you have passed it if you come from the northern end of North Main Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Don't think I can make Crazy Heart as I have already agreed to the dinner out thing going on Thurs as well.

Anyone any interest in going to see Alice in Wonderland next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

440Hz wrote: »

I'm on for it. if I don't go this weekend.

deRanged wrote: »
    I'm on for it. if I don't go this weekend.

Hmmm! I may be around this weekend, not sure yet. I'm sick at the mo so if I don't get better I'll go home for some TLC! We can see closer to the time. If not, next week.

Don't think I can make Crazy Heart as I have already agreed to the dinner out thing going on Thurs as well.

I'll be up for seeing Alice in Wonderland, was thinking of Sunday 14th for an afternoon showing (it had been mentioned in the March meet up thread). Being that this is 3D I'd say it will be packed out for the first week, it might be difficult to get everybody sitting together unless we had tickets booked.

How would that suit people?

For those going to see Crazy Heart tomorrow, the Bar is called The Wild Goose. I'll be in there from about 8:45.

Anyone else tempted to come along feel free to join us. :)

• Advertisement

Wow - what a film Crazy Heart is! Jeff Bridges is just awesome in it, I'd recommend it to anyone. In the end, just Mudokon and I turned up to watch the film. An enjoyable evening. :D

Wow - what a film Crazy Heart is! Jeff Bridges is just awesome in it, I'd recommend it to anyone. In the end, just Mudokon and I turned up to watch the film. An enjoyable evening. :D

Thanks for the feedback! I'll try and check it out.

re: Alice ... I'd hope to go some time during the week, either this week or next, I can never guarantee being in Cork at weekends :(

Thanks for the feedback! I'll try and check it out.

It's that good, I'd actually go and see it again. :eek:

I'd go to see Alice mid week but some people were looking for stuff happening at the weekends so I thought it might be an idea to try a cinema trip at the weekend.

The 14th might not be such a good idea anyway as people will be pampering their mammies all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

mudokon wrote: »
    I'd go to see Alice mid week but some people were looking for stuff happening at the weekends so I thought it might be an idea to try a cinema trip at the weekend.

The 14th might not be such a good idea anyway as people will be pampering their mammies all day.
    how about this weekend? tomor is enough notice for people i guess

stevexo wrote: »
    how about this weekend? tomor is enough notice for people i guess

I'm going to try to get tickets for Une Prophete tomorrow but if that is sold out then I'd be on for seeing Alice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Anyone wanna come out to Mahon with me and see alice in wonderland in 3d tonight? I can collect if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

oeb wrote: »
    Anyone wanna come out to Mahon with me and see alice in wonderland in 3d tonight? I can collect if needs be.

I'd love to but I've promised a friend I would go with them :)

Hope you have your tickets already, I certainly wouldn't be chancing getting some when you arrive!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

kingtut wrote: »
    I'd love to but I've promised a friend I would go with them :)

Hope you have your tickets already, I certainly wouldn't be chancing getting some when you arrive!!

Really? Is it that popular? Might wait till another night so

• Advertisement

oeb wrote: »
    Really? Is it that popular? Might wait till another night so

It was sold out in the Gate last night anyway. The whole 3D thing will have people rushing to see it as it is still a novelty.

Advertisement