Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Cinema Nights.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

oeb wrote: »
    Really? Is it that popular? Might wait till another night so

It was only released on Friday.
    I'd recommend booking online (if there are still tickets) and then turning up very early!

If I was going today I would make sure to have my pre-paid ticket and snacks collected 30 mins before showtime in order to get a good spot in the queue, the very long queue!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

kingtut wrote: »
    It was only released on Friday.
    I'd recommend booking online (if there are still tickets) and then turning up very early!

If I was going today I would make sure to have my pre-paid ticket and snacks collected 30 mins before showtime in order to get a good spot in the queue, the very long queue!

As it turns out it was only on at like half five or something tonight anyway so i did not bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

If anyone was wondering whether to go and see Crazy Heart, Jeff Bridges won Best Actor at the Oscars for his performance in said film. It's a no-brainer - go see it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Anyone interested in going to see "A Prophet" next week? It's on every night at 8:45. I could make any night accept Tuesday.

mudokon wrote: »
    Anyone interested in going to see "A Prophet" next week? It's on every night at 8:45. I could make any night accept Tuesday.

Slight problem, it's in French with French subtitles! And anyway, I don't like the French - look what they did to Joan of Arc... :(

• Advertisement

I'm going to see "I love you Philip Morris" tonight :D hope it is good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Enjoy, looks funny :)

akamossy wrote: »
    Enjoy, looks funny :)

Thanks :) Have not seen the trailer....so it will be a complete surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

do people still reckon you need to book alice in advance? might try the 6:40 showing this evening. if anyone is interested, pm me, otherwise ill be there on my own-e-o. gonna try it anyway

stevexo wrote: »
    do people still reckon you need to book alice in advance? might try the 6:40 showing this evening. if anyone is interested, pm me, otherwise ill be there on my own-e-o. gonna try it anyway

Definitely! Hasn't even been out a week yet! Mind you if you are going to walk to the Gate then doesn't really matter if you turn up ticketless and can't get one...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

Definitely! Hasn't even been out a week yet! Mind you if you are going to walk to the Gate then doesn't really matter if you turn up ticketless and can't get one...
    yeah, sure i only live down the road so it would be some good exercise, although i already walk over 6km a day

colblimp wrote: »
    Slight problem, it's in French with French subtitles! And anyway, I don't like the French - look what they did to Joan of Arc... :(

That's just me putting up the wrong trailer. :o

Looks like the French did a decent version of Joan of Arc:P
    stevexo wrote: »

I got in too late otherwise I would have joined you.

If anyone has seen Alice yet let us know what you thought of it.

If anyone has seen Alice yet let us know what you thought of it.

It was okay, wasn't as good as I thought it would be, bored me a little bit

Was it any good?

I need to see a film again - Mudokon, something on a par with Crazy Heart, please!:D

Suggest something you'd like to see then, If I suggest something on a par with Crazy Heart I am doomed to failure seeing as you love it so much. :pac:

Precious is supposed to be good.

Hmmm, has a good subject matter, and looks very good, but I couldn't understand one single word that fatty was saying so, unless you can guarantee subtitles, I'm not sure there would be much point in watching it... :rolleyes:

Precious is supposed to be good.

I've been wanting to see that for ages, I think due to the storyline a lot of my mates wouldn't go see it

Hmmm, has a good subject matter, and looks very good, but I couldn't understand one single word that fatty was saying so, unless you can guarantee subtitles, I'm not sure there would be much point in watching it... :rolleyes:

Damn you're hard to please, they dont subtitle films in English. :P The only times I have seen that done is on American TV.
    I've been wanting to see that for ages, I think due to the storyline a lot of my mates wouldn't go see it

Yeah the storyline is on some intense subject matter, I read a review by Jim Sheridan about it & he said it was a film to be seen but one you wouldnt watch again.

If you'd be interested in going I could go next Thursday, It's on at the Gate at 7pm.

Yeah the storyline is on some intense subject matter, I read a review by Jim Sheridan about it & he said it was a film to be seen but one you wouldnt watch again.

If you'd be interested in going I could go next Thursday, It's on at the Gate at 7pm.

Possibly, I'd have to see what next week brings. Went to see Shutter Island last night, odd enough movie, very dark but I enjoyed it

• Advertisement

Possibly, I'd have to see what next week brings. Went to see Shutter Island last night, odd enough movie, very dark but I enjoyed it

I'd heard mixed reviews of Shutter Island but I'd like to see it as I like films about prisons/ mental institutions. That and the fact the Leonardo Di Caprio has turned into a really decent actor, plus it's a Scorcese film. :cool:

I'll probably go to Precious on Thursday night anyway so if anyone else is interested let me know. If not I'll go as a billy no mates. :pac:

I'd heard mixed reviews of Shutter Island but I'd like to see it as I like films about prisons/ mental institutions. That and the fact the Leonardo Di Caprio has turned into a really decent actor, plus it's a Scorcese film. :cool:

I'll probably go to Precious on Thursday night anyway so if anyone else is interested let me know. If not I'll go as a billy no mates. :pac:

Leonardo Di Caprio was pretty fantastic in it

I'm actually going to join you for this - it'll be my birthday 'treat' to myself. :D

I'm actually going to join you for this - it'll be my birthday 'treat' to myself. :D

As an extra birthday treat you could remember to bring your glasses as well. :P

You still on for tomorrow colblimp? Want to meet for coffee or something before the film?

You still on for tomorrow colblimp? Want to meet for coffee or something before the film?

Absolutely! What time and where? As well as coffee, I'll also expect a big, chocolate birthday cake with a sh!t load of candles on it. :P Joking, although the coffee and film will be my big birthday treat!

Absolutely! What time and where? As well as coffee, I'll also expect a big, chocolate birthday cake with a sh!t load of candles on it. :P Joking, although the coffee and film will be my big birthday treat!

Tribes would be good about 6.

Tribes would be good about 6.

OK, Tribes at 6 it is. :D

Precious is a good film but it is seriously depressing.

This film isnt out for another couple of weeks but looks like it could be good fun if anyone is interested. On a downside it has Nicholas Cage in it.

• Advertisement

I concur with Mudokon - 'Precious' is not a film for the faint-hearted with its subject matter of child abuse, rape and incest. Oh, on the bright side, you can clearly see Maria Carey's moustache - I kid you not!

Advertisement