Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Cinema Nights.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

This seems like a suitable place to ask. Will cinemas be open tomorrow? (Since all the pubs are closed :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Corkfeen wrote: »
    This seems like a suitable place to ask. Will cinemas be open tomorrow? (Since all the pubs are closed :p)

Id say they should be alright. All the supermarkets and shops should be open and there is going to be a lot of bored people around 2moro so it would only make sense for them to open.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Good night =) - Strange movie

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Good night =) - Strange movie

Being tired i read that the opposite way around :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Bored people? Won't everybody be in mass?

TBH I don't know anybody who has the day off (except those work-shy teachers of course) so I'm assuming everything but the pubs are open today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Bored people? Won't everybody be in mass?

TBH I don't know anybody who has the day off (except those work-shy teachers of course) so I'm assuming everything but the pubs are open today.

banks closed too .. working until 1 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The wan<H<H<H bankers are off too? Must be celebrating the lastest pay raise we gave them....

The wan<H<H<H bankers are off too? Must be celebrating the lastest pay raise we gave them....

we own the p***ks now .. not that it will do us much good:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

How was ''Kick ass'' guys?? Would ye recommend it?? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Thanks to everyone who came to the cinema last night :)

Just one note - can we keep the regular chat to the chit chat thread and leave the Meetup / Cinema threads to just organising things? ....

A few people have told me that they find it very hard to understand where and when a meetup is happening because the thread is being flooded with posts that have nothing to do with the topic...

So for all our sakes:

1) General Chit Chat / Randomness - Everything except organising meetups

2) Monthly Meetup / Cinema Thread - Organising Meetups only.

Thanks ....crap maybe I am being bossy but it makes sense to me....:o

• Advertisement

kingtut wrote: »
    So for all our sakes:

yes SIR:D and yes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

corkcomp wrote: »
    yes SIR:D and yes :pac:

lol just going by some feedback I got last night :o:o:o

...someone shoot me now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

kingtut wrote: »
    Thanks to everyone who came to the cinema last night :)

Just one note - can we keep the regular chat to the chit chat thread and leave the Meetup / Cinema threads to just organising things? ....

A few people have told me that they find it very hard to understand where and when a meetup is happening because the thread is being flooded with posts that have nothing to do with the topic...

So for all our sakes:

You can say that again, haha I joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

How was ''Kick ass'' guys?? Would ye recommend it?? :pac:

I enjoyed it & would recommend it if you like superhero/comic book movies. It tries to mix a lot of things into the film but it holds it all together well.

Anyone interested in going to see Clash of the Titans? Thinking of the week after next. Give the queues a chance to ease up a bit as it's in 3D.

mudokon wrote: »
    I enjoyed it & would recommend it if you like superhero/comic book movies. It tries to mix a lot of things into the film but it holds it all together well.

Anyone interested in going to see Clash of the Titans? Thinking of the week after next. Give the queues a chance to ease up a bit as it's in 3D.

Yeah that actually looks like a good movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭stevexo

Iron Man 2 is out on Friday week, 30th April. Anyone interested? Will have to pre book, no doubt about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

Cemetery Junction is on at The Gate. Anyone interested in seeing the 9:15 on Thursday showing?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭rocky2010

Hi folks,

i was wonder do adults still meet up in cork for cinema / social night if so could someone give me details of next event or whos the point of contact.

thanx

For some reason boards.ie is messed up here at work so cant multiquote.

@ Stevexo, I'd be interested in going to see Ironman 2 but depending on the times as I'll be working on the 30th. the following week would suit better.

@ colblimp, Again I'm interested in seeing Cemetary Junction but it will depend on work. I'm covering for a guy who cant get back into Ireland at the moment so if he cant get back into the country later in the week it'll mean I'll be working 72 hours this week so may not be fit for anything by Thursday night.

@ Rocky2010, there is no set meet up times for these, normally people just post when there is something they want to see. You are more than welcome to come along. Seeing as colblimp has suggested Cemetary Junction for this Thursday take that as the next meet up for the cinema night. If you want to come along and need a contact number you can pm me.

Sorry about the block of text, will edit the post above when I get home later.

• Advertisement

OK, if anyone wants to go to see Cemetery Junction, we'll meet in Tribes on Thursday night at 20:00 (that's 8PM for all you philistines!). If anyone needs my number so you know who I am on the night, just send me a PM. :D

colblimp wrote: »
    OK, if anyone wants to go to see Cemetery Junction, we'll meet in Tribes on Thursday night at 20:00 (that's 8PM for all you philistines!). If anyone needs my number so you know who I am on the night, just send me a PM. :D

If I'm not working I'll definitely come along, If I am I'll see how I feel Thursday night but I wont be able to get to tribes as it'll be around 8:40 before I get into town.

Here's a trailer anyway.

looks good, where's Tribes?

stevexo wrote: »
    looks good, where's Tribes?

Tribes is on Tuckey Street, across the road from the quad.

So is anyone going to Cemetery Junction tonight?

i think ill save myself for tomor night

I'll be there tonight, my food poisoning has almost cleared up - I'll be OK for later. Looks like I'll be Billy No Mates... :(

I'll come to see it with you, still going to tribes?

Iron Man 2 previews on Thursday, anyone interested in going to the 9:30 showing?

Should probably book tickets by Monday at the latest.

• Advertisement

Iron Man 2.
    Thursday 29th April, 9:30pm.
    Run Time 125 minutes.
    Gate Cinema, North Main St.

Will be booking tickets by tomorrow.
    €8. If you want to come, pm me to arrange to meet this evening or tomorrow evening to pay and Ill book the seats together - online booking allows up to 9 seats per booking.

Advertisement