Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

fiat ducato or peugeot boxer compass

• 09-01-2010 12:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33

hey guys am buyin my first motorhome and am lookin for some advice have a budget and have been lookin around and have spotted two motorhomes first is a fiat ducato and second is a pug boxer compass does anyone have any advice on which would be a better buy which would be a better machine mechanical wise and what to look for when i go to view, both motorhomes are 1995 and am wonderin what would be a realstic price to pay for each ,,,,any other info anyone thinks i could use regarding anything i would really be gratefull, as i say first motorhome so cheers... dg22

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

hi and well come ,for me the make would not be the issue but the lay out of the van would be what made the difference,most motorhomes are well looked after so it comes down to what van is best for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 DG22

hi and well come ,for me the make would not be the issue but the lay out of the van would be what made the difference,most motorhomes are well looked after so it comes down to what van is best for you
    thanks for the reply as i say first motorhome so am not sure what you mean by layout issues so if you could explain what differences ther would be and what i should be lookin for that would be great cheers.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

have a look here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055043527 have a think about what you will be useing the van for will you have kids their are lots of choices there is no such thing as the perfect van,decide your budget and have a look at lots of vans its a good time to be buying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mcdonaldjanette

Well the Peugot boxter and fiat ducato are actually the same van, made in the same factory with slight differences. I have a ducato there are a few minor stuipd design featuers in it e.g when you change gear sometime your knee hits off the indicator turning it on or off and the handbreak is next to the door so your seat belt gets stuck in it and a few other sill things like that, I would go with the peugot just because of this. They are ecentially the same. As for price for a 4-5bearth coach build (this is where the cab and chassie is from a van but there is a camper part in the back) for a 1995 in good condition with full kitchen and bathroom you are looking at 10,000-15,000 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Not exactly the same , the Fiat and Peugeot have different engines . I'd prefer the Fiat , very very simple to work on .

• Advertisement
Advertisement