Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsung Next Generation Episodes

Options
2»

Comments

Parallels from Season 7...."200,000 incoming transmissions Sir!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Parallels from Season 7...."200,000 incoming transmissions Sir!"

"I won't go back! I won't go back ! IWONTGOBACK"

3350770401_bab0b984cf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Obviously I love the usuals:

The Inner Light
    Tapestry
    Best Of Both Worlds
    etc

But one of my favourite "unsung" episode would have to be lower decks. I know it gets a bit of stick but I enjoyed seeing that the world doesn't revolve around Picard, Riker etc.
    Oh, and I HATED time's arrow. I wanted to f*cking KILL Twain. SO annoying. He should have stuck with Cancer Man

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭myk

Obviously I love the usuals:

The Inner Light
    Tapestry
    Best Of Both Worlds
    etc

But one of my favourite "unsung" episode would have to be lower decks. I know it gets a bit of stick but I enjoyed seeing that the world doesn't revolve around Picard, Riker etc.
    Oh, and I HATED time's arrow. I wanted to f*cking KILL Twain. SO annoying. He should have stuck with Cancer Man

I really liked Below Decks when I saw it years ago. Don't think I ever saw Times Arrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭pah

Saw Lower Decks on virgin a couple of weeks ago, thought it was an outstanding episode, not having remembered seeing it before.

Definitely an unsung episode. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

I never considered 'Lower Decks' to be unsung, It's one of my all time favorite episodes.

A few 'unsung' episodes I like are;

"Genesis"

A routine medical treatment inadvertently creates a virus that begins to de-evolve the Enterprise crew while Picard and Data are on an away mission.

"Starship Mine"
    Thieves attempt to steal trilithium from Enterprise during a Baryon sweep at the Remmler Array, and the lone Enterprise crewman onboard must thwart them.

"Lessons"
    Picard becomes involved with a woman who is serving on the Enterprise, but he must send her into a dangerous mission.

"Disaster"
    The Enterprise is without power, trapping Picard in a turbolift with three children and trapping others in various locations. Command of the bridge falls to Counselor Troi, who feels ill-prepared.

"The Game"
    Wesley visits the Enterprise, but finds the crew addicted to a mind-altering computer game.

"Remember Me"
    After an apparent failure of a warp-field experiment, people begin to disappear from the Enterprise with only Dr. Crusher remembering they ever existed.

"The Drumhead"
    A witchhunt ensues for suspected Romulan spies aboard the Enterprise.

"Allegiance"

Aliens kidnap Picard and replace him with a duplicate, who sends the Enterprise to a pulsar. Meanwhile, the real Picard and three other captives try to escape from their prison, but one of them turns out to be Picard's captor.

"Booby Trap"
    The Enterprise falls victim to an ancient booby trap set to snare starships; while in an effort to find an escape, Geordi finds himself falling for the holodeck's representation of a famous Federation engineer.

I dunno if anyone else considers there 'unsung' or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Svalbard

Is Lower Decks the one where Ensign Sito Jaxa dies? Fantastic episode.

I also really like Q Who - the first time we see the Borg, thanks to Q. The music and atmosphere were very sinister.

Conspiracy was also frightening and sinister - in fact season 1 and 2 were much darker than later episodes and while most of TNGs best episodes were in later seasons, there was something interesting about those early seasons, like it showed a glimpse at where TNG might have gone.

Loved The Game - Wesley and Ashley Judd were great. Classic Trek.

Disaster, Starship Mine, the Renegade

And the one where Troi is kidnapped and altered to look like a Romulan.

Seasons 4 and 5 were the best by far.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Svalbard wrote: »
    Is Lower Decks the one where Ensign Sito Jaxa dies? Fantastic episode.
    Yeah- I thought that was a great episode. Showing the young ensigns on the ship had never been done; especially since Wesley had left. When they were all up on the bridge waiting for the shuttle I knew she wasn't coming back- "noooooooo!" :(
    I liked the last scene, where Worf goes to sit with Sito's friends, aw. I love Worf. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Frame of Mind is one of my all time favourite TNG episodes, shows that Frakes could act when he wanted to :p
    Chain of command also really shines, although weirdly very few I know seem to like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Jessibelle wrote: »
    Frame of Mind is one of my all time favourite TNG episodes, shows that Frakes could act when he wanted to :p
    Chain of command also really shines, although weirdly very few I know seem to like it.

I like both of those eps. Frame of Mind has a Phildickian, "reality is not what it seems" kind of vibe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

How can people not like Chain of Command.
    Had to stop and watch it, last weekend, on Virgin.

Oustanding story

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

How can people not like Chain of Command.

Oustanding story

I'd agree :) but some I know really don't like the realism in it, they want their sci-fi high on the fi ;). I think it was commended by Amnesty International for the realism of the torture scene?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sombaht

For me the two-parters were always the best in particular Redemption and Descent. Although Darmok is still one of my all time faves as well.

Cheers,
    sombaht

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I'd agree :) but some I know really don't like the realism in it, they want their sci-fi high on the fi ;). I think it was commended by Amnesty International for the realism of the torture scene?

Stewart and Warner's on tscreen time is awe inspiring.
    There are nuances in their body language, facial expressions, tone of voice that were an uncomfortable joy to watch. It felt like high theatre in a Sci-Fi show

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Stewart and Warner's on tscreen time is awe inspiring.
    There are nuances in their body language, facial expressions, tone of voice that were an uncomfortable joy to watch. It felt like high theatre in a Sci-Fi show

It needed to be done.

Advertisement