Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(Aldi) DVD Multi-Media Micro System - Sound not available!

• 09-01-2010 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

I hope this is the right thread, as i've used the search but only came up with a mention on the bargains thread.
    Link
    I'm really confused on this, as i've tried to follow the diagram enclosed
    I cant hear the sound on it, but i've got to say i'm still not familiar with some cables or their names ->

1. AV cable
    2. AM & FM Antenna
    3. Speaker Cables -
    4. Aux-in Cable
    1. Its called another name on the sheet, if that is the same cable Y,Cb, Cr?
    I've used that on the side of TV to the HIFI input socket provided.

3. I connected them to the (+) hi-fi as its pointed out in the diagram as its got + & - points but so has the speakers, so i connected them to the + as well

4. Aux-in Cable from the TV (headphone) to the hi-fi (twin cable blue&red) to the L.OUT+R.OUT & all i get is this crackling sound.
    Thanks for your help

Of course if anyone has bought it, it would be handy to tell me where i've gone wrong

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

dave_29 wrote: »
    3. I connected them to the (+) hi-fi as its pointed out in the diagram as its got + & - points but so has the speakers, so i connected them to the + as well

4. Aux-in Cable from the TV (headphone) to the hi-fi (twin cable blue&red) to the L.OUT+R.OUT & all i get is this crackling sound.
    Thanks for your help

3. + on the amp to + on the speaker. - on the amp to - on the speaker.

4. Sounds like you've connected the line output on the amp to the headphone output on the TV. You can't do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭dave_29

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    3. + on the amp to + on the speaker. - on the amp to - on the speaker.

I tried that out, but it still has that 'crackling' sound from the tv, until your reply i went by the diagram given in the quickguide >6.

But i'll have another look in an hour as the tv is being used.
    4. Sounds like you've connected the line output on the amp to the headphone output on the TV. You can't do that.
    I tried to follow the diagram but with my limited knowledge, is that the line-output >
    2. (Connecting to your TV)

Also the steps 1.7, would make someone think with no knowledge of all those cables that you have to connect all of them at the same time!.

Edit: Tried a scart cable instead of the the Y Cb/Cr... cables & the sound worked ok, but only from the tv & not from the speakers? how do you fix that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭dave_29

Has anyone bought this & had any trouble with it, as when i changed the cables to a scart i got sound from the tv as i found out what the crackling sound was when i took out the white cable first the noise went?

But if you have the speakers the way it was mentioned above do you need any other cables to enable the sound?
    I saw this on the pdf file -> Connecting your TV
    In order to route the sound back to your tv rather than the speakers simply attach an audio cable from the audio out of the hifi to the audio IN on your tv

What audio cable is that, is that included with it?

Advertisement