Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I risk driving to work in morning?

Options
  • 09-01-2010 1:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hey

I heard the gov will not be gritting most roads in the morning as they need to save it for Monday.

My problem is I live in Drogheda (Termonfeckin side) and have to get to work in Blanchardstown for half 9, I will leave approx half 7.

Would you risk it? Do you think the roads will be lethal!!!

Im sure the M1/M50 will be ok but its the roads getting there!

My job will be ok if I cant make it.

Please if you know if roads will be gritted or what you think roads will be like pls reply!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭cruachan7

At the time you are planning to drive - not only will the roads be dangerous in themselves but also hard to see properly to judge the type of surface ice/water etc. due to your headlights. You'll have to either decide now not to go or play it by ear tomorrow morning. There will be very little traffic tomorrow so if you are confident in your abilities you should be able to call it yourself.

Advertisement