Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Radio Shows>?

Options
  • 09-01-2010 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

What Radio Shows in the Galway area do people consider the best for discovering new & alternative Irish & international music>?>

2Fm
    Today FM
    Galway Bay
    i102
    Flirt FM

Do any of these guys play new acts>?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,942 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The radio generally does chart music, you aren't going to find anything too new or alternative.

We tend to have i102 on in our house but if I had my way, the radio would only be on for the news and that's it. Loadsa ****e on it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Takk

iTest with Josh Clarke on i102104, from 5:50pm on Sundays.

The rest of the i102104 might be half-decent if they stopped playing the same 10-15 songs all day long.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭wax

Beat 102-103 Saturday and Sunday nights 6-8 with Rob O Connor (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055211878)
    Not in the Galway region obviously but available online

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭curly.bert

Alan Jacques on Limerick's Live 95 is deadly, as is Colm O'Sullivan on Red FM. Roddie Cleere on WLR is pretty nifty too. All are available online.

Pretty much all shows on Phantom have decent Irish content.

Advertisement