Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girls/Women walking the streets in skirts in sub zero temperatures?

• 09-01-2010 2:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Drove through Ennis tonight thinking I wouldn't see anybody out, and was amazed to to several dolled up birds walking the streets in high heals, skirts, top and jacket. Not a bother on them, and no they weren't hookers, just looked like they were on on the pubs.

Only in Ireland I suppose!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Nah they were hookers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Definitely hookers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Trannys, my guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Hoe fo' sho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Invisible thermal underwear/long johns

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

See we men have to remember that it's ok for women to do this. We'd be stupid to wear so little clothes because we'd end up getting the flu, they're just going to end up with a cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Its great isn't it?? These days it doesn't even have to be summer / remotely warm for the skirts / legs / boobs to be on show.

I'm not complaining :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

And you didnt like it because?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Kiera wrote: »
    Nobody said they didn't like it. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭drunken_munky52

Wasn't complaining, cheered me up so it did! In Moscow women go out in the weather wearing fur coats and when in Ireland they may as well be wearing teeny weeny string bikinis.

• Advertisement

Wasn't complaining, cheered me up so it did! In Moscow women go out in the weather wearing fur coats and when in Ireland they may as well be wearing teeny weeny string bikinis.
    In fairness they were probably English :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

ah skimpy clothes and -8 degree weather. Nipply or what!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭shuvly

Ah now, I know it's Ennis, but do ya not have drive by nipp watch down there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

That's dedication to fashion for ya

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

That's nothing, I've seen women in what would class as a belt, close to bra like tops and feck all else wandering between pubs at -20 1400meters above sea level with over 2 meters of ground snow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Drove through Ennis tonight thinking I wouldn't see anybody out, and was amazed to to several dolled up birds walking the streets in high heals, skirts, top and jacket. Not a bother on them, and no they weren't hookers, just looked like they were on on the pubs.

nah, i remember one night about 8 or 9 years ago i was on a night train from holyhead to london and it was freezing about -5 or -6, stopped at some welsh town about 4am and 6 or 7 girls in skimpy dresses got on, no jackets or tops on these hardy girls

In fairness they were probably English :P

Instead of Ibiza uncovered it could be "Ennis uncovered". Its ironic, during the summer when it was scorcher you never see many Irish ladies in bikinis at the beach, just the knock out Polish ones! Irish women seem upside down when it comes to fashion, they have no problem dressing like it were Malaga in cold weather but when its roating at the beach the old irish granny morals kick in!

Instead of Ibiza uncovered it could be "Ennis uncovered". Its ironic, during the summer when it was scorcher you never see many Irish ladies in bikinis at the beach, just the knock out Polish ones! Irish women seem upside down when it comes to fashion, they have no problem dressing like it were Malaga in cold weather but when its roating at the beach the old irish granny morals kick in!
    No its because we dont wanna meet our neighbours in a bikini. In Marbella is fine cause you might only meet one or two people you know but on Postmarnock beach i'll meet my whole neighbourhood and i'm not as slim as i was 5 years ago so yeah i'll cover up here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Seaneh wrote: »
    That's nothing, I've seen women in what would class as a belt, close to bra like tops and feck all else wandering between pubs at -20 1400meters above sea level with over 2 meters of ground snow!

Cavan??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Its great isn't it?? These days it doesn't even have to be summer / remotely warm for the skirts / legs / boobs to be on show.

I'm not complaining :D

I saw a woman on the wrong side of fifty with a way too short skirt on today..just wear jeans..please..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

That makes no sense.

OP, I don't see the problem.

Terry wrote: »
    That makes no sense.

He's got the ghey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

It seems that way.

It seems that way.
    Takes one to know one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

He's got the ghey?
    It seems that way.

Bleedin' rappers...

TheZohan wrote: »
    Bleedin' rappers...
    Fo shizzle!

That makes no sense.

Problem? I wasn't aware there was a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I'm gonna need some pics for proof of this OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Bleedin' rappers...

You don't say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

Bleedin' rappers...

Player hater.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Same in Sligo. The Colder it gets, the shorter the skirts and skimpier the outfits. I'm not complaining mind, but it funny to see. Girls absolutely shivering with cold but in high heels, miniskirt and a skimpy top and no jacket. You gotta ask yourself - What were you thinking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

dont see a problem with it at all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

He went home alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Nipples like bullets I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

The amount of girls in 4 inch heels and skin tight minis that I seen on New Year's Eve with blood running from the skulls was astonishing. I'd say casualty in the Mater that night was like a bloodbath.

Most weekends you will girls struggling to walk in heels but on NYE in was maddness. Very funny at first I have to admit but the girls that I seen falling around 2am ish were realling splitting themselves open. A taxi guy too one girl to hospital around 4am from Camden St later on also.

Do these girls not have jeans and short heeled boots or something??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

OutlawPete wrote: »
    The amount of girls in 4 inch heels and skin tight minis that I seen on New Year's Eve with blood running from the skulls was astonishing.

Sexy.
    OutlawPete wrote: »
    Do these girls not have jeans and short heeled boots or something??

But then when it's time for a roide they'd have to take off the jeans, bit too much effort in fairness. It's all about easy access.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

They are not birds, they have big gold ear rings. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I was stopped at lights at the 5 lamps a while ago, it was minus 2 outside. 2 skangers walk past wearing pyjamas

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Milky Moo

Yeah New Years Eve I couldn't help noticing the amount of women in flimsy little dresses.

I was wearing a skirt but it was accompanied with tick grey wolly tights and big old boots(no heel on them I may add).
    Plus I had a heavy coat on,scarf,gloves and bear hat!

You would have to be half mad to brave this weather without being all wrapped up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sxylilminx

And why not.....nothing sexier than sub zero and havin to find a bloke to keep you warm ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

admittedly i didnt read the whole first post but i saw girls in skirts whats the problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Surely, this being Ireland, you must have worked out by now that the answer is
    alcohol.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Senna wrote: »
    Cavan??

French Alps, but close!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

if i see someone shivering with cold..

i dont find em attractive.
    i think they look silly!!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Lads prefer girls in skimpy clothes then baggy jeans and jumper.Fact.

Added to the factor that the weather would probably keep half the pub population down meaning half their competition for the men away,these wimmins are genius!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

i actually dont know what im saying,

im goin out tonight..

so..

FREEZE ME! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Up with mini-skirts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Frozen t-shirt contest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Down with this sorta thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

robby^5 wrote: »
    Sexy.

But then when it's time for a roide they'd have to take off the jeans, bit too much effort in fairness. It's all about easy access.

It would take approximately 4 hours of dedicated cunnilingus to get those freezing cold vags warmed up enough to insert anything.....can't imagine there's much easy access in this weather, although obviously not for want of trying.

• Advertisement
Advertisement