Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canned pumpkin available in Galway?

Options
  • 09-01-2010 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

Had a taster of this beaut abroad & i've been seeking ever since...
    Please someone HELP!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

You making a pumpkin pie? I know someone who wanted the same in order to make it....sorry I can't help with locating the goods yet.....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tesco probably. Maybe McCambridges or Mortons in Salthill?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭WiseMona

No, no, and a big fat NO. :(
    Canned Pumpkin is not available in good ole Galway.

None of the places mentioned have it, or have any intentions of buying any in. There is a place in Dublin (can't remember the name - sorry) that when 'phoned' said yes they carried canned pumpkin, but I was not convinced and did not drive all the way to check.
    They were unwilling to ship it (thank god, the postage would have been ridiculous).

I have some coming from a friend in the US - I will PM you when my stash comes and give you a can. He posted in in November, I expect by Spring it will arrive ;)

ON a side note, you can buy lovely sweet potatoes here. Peel them, cube them, steam them till soft. With an electric mixer add nutmeg, ginger, a can of condensed milk, a few eggs - and bake in a pastry shell - it will 'scratch that itch' as they say ;)

Bon Appetit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Is it important that it be the canned stuff? as mentioned you can use sweet potatoes to make the pumpkin mix, or butternut squashes. I read that a lot of the canned stuff is made from butternut anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dave Van Ronk

No not that important other than for the convienance of it.

Perhaps we could set up our own pumpkin import business.

I may have a look about some of Galway's Eastern European food stores... & report back if successful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭barefoot

I lived in Oz for many years and cooked Butternut pumpkin a few times a week. Chop it up and put in with your roast potatoes....yummy and sweet. Boil it and make pumpkin soup or pumpkin pie or muffins. Its full of nutrition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭legatti

Bump.. has anyone found any canned pumpkin in Galway city or even ireland:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Hey. I've ordered stuff from this website plenty of times. They're based in Belfast and import food from the US and Canada. Always get myself Root Beer and American candy from here every summer and Xmas!

Here's canned pumpkin:
    http://www.yankeesoda.co.uk/libbys-pumpkin-filling-15oz-p-190.html?osCsid=227995d38620bb664ba12d9a61692f8d

Advertisement