Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

samsung tocco lite black 69.99 vodafone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

Well, it's a good offer, but it's only for people switching to Vodafone. For current vodafone customers, it's €89.99. I've been looking to buy this phone and want to switch from Vodafone to Meteor. Meteor currently have a trade in your old phone deal which would make this phone €79.99, but my phone doesn't qualify because it's the wrong brand(ie not Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericsson or LG). Has anyone got an old phone with a colour screen and charger that they could give me so I can avail of this offer? It would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Just make sure you read reviews for this phone, and try test it out before you buy it. Just my opinion but it's a horrible horrible phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

CombatCow wrote: »
    Just make sure you read reviews for this phone, and try test it out before you buy it. Just my opinion but it's a horrible horrible phone.

Serious? what's wrong with it in your opinion?

I've had this model for 6 months and have never had a problem or complaint about it's design or features.

Also beware that Vodafone send phones via An Post, who have an endearing habit of losing them or delivering them to an incorrect unspecified address. Vodafone will refuse to help you in this instance, and you'll have no option but a chargeback on your credit card.

Serious? what's wrong with it in your opinion?

I've had this model for 6 months and have never had a problem or complaint about it's design or features.

I thought the touchscreen was very poor, also the came quality is not good at all. I found using it was just slow overall. It's just a very bad cut down version of the F480 tocco which is fantastic.

Same with the LG Cookie and Nokia 5800, their not good phones for the price...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,949 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭happymondays

I thought the touchscreen was very poor, also the came quality is not good at all. I found using it was just slow overall. It's just a very bad cut down version of the F480 tocco which is fantastic.

Same with the LG Cookie and Nokia 5800, their not good phones for the price...

i thnk its a great phone for only 89 euro also.
    also any reviews ive seen are pretty good e.g. 92/100

http://alatest.co.uk/reviews/mobile-phone-reviews/samsung-s5230-player-one/po3-74952089,8/#partner:10000

the F480 costs 3 times as much so of course its a better phone.
    you could say the F480 is crap if you compare it to an iphone.
    the tocca lite is an entry level phone that great value for only 89 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Posted this almost 2 months ago here
    Ended up buying one myself and love it. Great phone for the money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Agreed on the camera, it is useless! i have a proper camera for photos though so no problem there. The touch screen is very responsive for me, sometimes scrolling down a list is awkward but you can use the buttons on the side instead for that no bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

€69.99 is very good price definatley, I bought this phone couple months back for €99. Over all its not a bad phone tho. Yes the camera is useless but I think the touch screen on it is much better than my Ipod Touch. Its quite a durable phone I've found too. Dropped it down stairs,roads and just lots of bangs and hasn't knocked a budge out of it .. yet. The widgets are kinda cool on it too, much different from the usual which can get very boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

BeThrifty are giving €12.50 cashback on this deal, and €35 on pay monthly! Only if you register here (free) and visit vodafone through them.
    Makes the cost of this deal effectively €57.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

gleep wrote: »
    BeThrifty are giving €12.50 cashback on this deal, and €35 on pay monthly! Only if you register here (free) and visit vodafone through them.
    Makes the cost of this deal effectively €57.50

Just a reminder, only €57.49 for customers switching to vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

Is this one of the phones that uses a proprietary connection instead of a regular 3.5mm headphone jack, just to make things more awkward for users?

Fnz wrote: »
    Is this one of the phones that uses a proprietary connection instead of a regular 3.5mm headphone jack, just to make things more awkward for users?
    Yep you got it :D Don't use headphones for a phone myself so doesn't effect me

This post has been deleted.

Oh mine was signed for - by somebody in a location unknown. I was in the house alone all day on the delivery date. Checked with all the neighbours, none of them got it. Checked with an post. They tracked down the scan of the signature which was illegible and the postie couldn't remember where he delivered it. Point is, vodafone told me "tough luck", even though it it was a problem between them and An Post.

Oh mine was signed for - by somebody in a location unknown. I was in the house alone all day on the delivery date. Checked with all the neighbours, none of them got it. Checked with an post. They tracked down the scan of the signature which was illegible and the postie couldn't remember where he delivered it. Point is, vodafone told me "tough luck", even though it it was a problem between them and An Post.
    Thats strange :eek: Did you see any of your neighbours walking around with the same phone? Thats horrible what vodafone did but how were they to know you didn't actually get the phone and just trying to push your luck and get another onen out of it?
    I've had dealings with vodafone and had no problems with delivery thought it was very quick

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SD7792

Yeah but you can buy converters online for about €4. I bought this phone last august and have really enjoyed it. There are negatives such as trying to text without looking which is very hard (but same with all touch screens), sometimes the phone can be a bit slow when you text too quickly and the phone has a relatively small inbox memory but overall its a pretty good phone for the price you pay :)

SD7792 wrote: »
    Yeah but you can buy converters online for about €4. I bought this phone last august and have really enjoyed it. There are negatives such as trying to text without looking which is very hard (but same with all touch screens), sometimes the phone can be a bit slow when you text too quickly and the phone has a relatively small inbox memory but overall its a pretty good phone for the price you pay :)
    I totally agree with you on the slowness of the phone when texting but you do get used to it,
    The memory is appauling but I bought a 2gb memory card from Tesco for about 15 euro which suits me fine

M&S* wrote: »
    Thats strange :eek: Did you see any of your neighbours walking around with the same phone? Thats horrible what vodafone did but how were they to know you didn't actually get the phone and just trying to push your luck and get another onen out of it?
    I've had dealings with vodafone and had no problems with delivery thought it was very quick

The next door neighbours were moving out during the same period. I asked them directly - they denied it directly. No more to be done there really. As you say I could have just claimed I didn't get it, but that's up to vodafone to prove - fact is i didn't get the phone. Ultimately vodafone were paid to get the phone delivered to me.

Yeah but you can buy converters online for about €4.

I try my best to avoid buying things that needlessly add layers of complexity. I don't feel I should need 5 cm of adapter and proprietary connector sticking out of my portable device just to take advantage of its music-playing functionality. So, that leaves me with the equally unattractive proposition of buying into their standard and ending up with a pair of samsung headphone that will be incompatible with other devices.

Samsung is inventing annoyances that I didn't know I had... and it's a very wasteful system.

\rant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SD7792

I try my best to avoid buying things that needlessly add layers of complexity. I don't feel I should need 5 cm of adapter and proprietary connector sticking out of my portable device just to take advantage of its music-playing functionality. So, that leaves me with the equally unattractive proposition of buying into their standard and ending up with a pair of samsung headphone that will be incompatible with other devices.

Samsung is inventing annoyances that I didn't know I had... and it's a very wasteful system.

\rant
    I was just trying to help :( :P
    But yeah i understand where you're coming from and it is very annoying especially with the rubbishy headphones they give you with the phone..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Was think of getting this for the g/f but she was hinting at the Sony Ericsson C510. They are the same price at the moment - which is better value ?

I was looking for an upgrade on my SE K800, and went for the C510, its a good phone but not exactly what I was looking for myself, but I wouldn't have any problems recommending it. Nice and fast and easy to use.

CC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

I was looking for an upgrade on my SE K800, and went for the C510, its a good phone but not exactly what I was looking for myself, but I wouldn't have any problems recommending it. Nice and fast and easy to use.

CC

How do you find the camera on it ? on paper it seems to tick all the boxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Girlfriend has this phone... great phone and an even better price!

Barr wrote: »
    How do you find the camera on it ? on paper it seems to tick all the boxes.

Yeah the camera is very good, I found it to be on par with the k800's which is great.

I was just trying to help :( :P

My rant wasn't aimed at you, just the issue. :)

I dislike the wasteful practice of having a proprietary standard in place of an already ubiquitous one. Especially at a time when the same industry is moving towards a standardized charger, to eliminate 50K tonnes of annual waste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 zaza78

hi can anyone tell me if i can get different headphones for my phone ones that i can use for running thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

zaza78 wrote: »
    hi can anyone tell me if i can get different headphones for my phone ones that i can use for running thanks

Yes, you can get any headphone you like with a standard 3.5mm jack

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 zaza78

thank u got some 2day cheerz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

I'd recommend getting a tech skin for this from zagg or skinomi and it will save the touchscreen which can get scratched easily especially if user = male and carries keys coins in the same pocket!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭positron

Davy wrote: »
    Yes, you can get any headphone you like with a standard 3.5mm jack

Samsung Tocco Lite doesn't have 3.5mm jack. You would need something like this to use a regular headset with ToccoLite.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/GadgetsNTechs-3-5mm-Headphone-Adaptor-Samsung/dp/B002OR0S5O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

QFT.

I have this phone and I hate it!

No games, no apps, The camera has no flash, VERY annoying low battery reminder that cant be turned off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭shivs

QFT.

No games, no apps, The camera has no flash, VERY annoying low battery reminder that cant be turned off.

Agree with all. It's a pretty crap phone. Mine is gone back to Samsung for the second time in 2 weeks for repairs. (It has to be returned 3 times, before they replace it)
    I have a basic sony on loan from vodafone and am tempted to run for the hills with it..........away from the tocco!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭happymondays

QFT.

i agree with the no apps but then again how many other cheap phones
    have got that functionality?

if you wants games follow the instructions in the video.
    took me 5 mins and i installed about 30 games, all free! probally deserves a bargain alert thread of its own with the amount of people who have this phone!

Youtube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭iisollie

Its all down to personal preferance I spose. I have a tocco lite for almost a year now and love it. No problems whatsoever - until I drove over it last week:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Any hope of WIFI?

- Seems to be only on these phones in Asia?

Advertisement