Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Saturday 9th January 2010 )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

I am trying to picture this thread tomorrow. If it is snowing everywhere in the country its going to be a bit repetitive. The thread exploded during the snow in Dublin midweek.
    At the moment getting snow is an excuse to post.. will it be who gets the first 2cm,5cm,10cm... 20cm? Should be fun.
    I think tomorrows thread should start at exactly midnight it will be very interesting to see the viewing figures as the day progresses.
    I have a feeling records could be set for a boards thread.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

Alicat wrote: »
    I don't think that's a very fair comment.

Let's all get back to what the board is actually intended for. My fault for creating the deviation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Best for everyone to ignore comments like that Alicat!
    Now, we have some oraganised snowfall on the way to the east coast from North Wicklow up to Louth within the next hour :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    HIRLAM for Monday AM. Snow all over the country.

This shows heavy precip for dublin region.

I still think the midlands and south west will see the heaviest precip over next 36 hrs. Overall though most places should see a good dumping.

To view the HIRLAM charts go to http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/danmark/vejrkort.htm

then click on nedbor

Don't mind the attached.
    the midlands will see the real snow as it will pass by dublin with a bit of sleet tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

irish1967 wrote: »
    I am trying to picture this thread tomorrow. If it is snowing everywhere in the country its going to be a bit repetitive. The thread exploded during the snow in Dublin midweek.
    At the moment getting snow is an excuse to post.. will it be who gets the first 2cm,5cm,10cm... 20cm? Should be fun.
    I think tomorrows thread should start at exactly midnight it will be very interesting to see the viewing figures as the day progresses.

Already got all the above covered, how about the first 50cm, 75cm or metre :D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

zenno wrote: »
    the midlands will see the real snow as it will pass by dublin with a bit of sleet tomorrow.

Zenno, you are borderline trolling at this stage. My point earlier about you not reading the thread before posting has just been reinforced again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

I'm in Dublin. I'm ok...........I live with family.

Thats Ok - Would just hate for anyone no matter who they are young or old to be in need & plenty of us around able to help

• Registered Users Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Holy crap, look at the Irish Sea in the latest radar image !!!!! :eek:

Web_radar.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

Look whats headin this way!!:D

Web_radar.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,270 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I have to head out for a little while so I will report back if there is a blizzard in the real capital:D wish me luck it's feckin freeezin out there! Brrrrr!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Cant we invite John1994 back for a special guest appearance just for tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Probably a stupid, obvious answer to this, but in relation to weather, what does the word "marginal" mean??
    When used in this context, its whether it will snow or not...could go either way.

Supercell wrote: »
    Already got all the above covered, how about the first 50cm, 75cm or metre :D

No Owen already got the Metre... or was that 3 ??:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Clouds coming in over north Wexford about an hour ago.

snow049.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johnny1999

Just looking at the lampost outside it's starting to flurry in Kilkenny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

irish1967 wrote: »

Seem like I'll be making none of those posts,Seems like snow will be missing where I am..

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

turning brutal in rathfarnham..

tesco jammers... worse than xmas... 20 registers open... all day! still a 10 min wait (drummers)

I'm gonna say this is gonna hit south dubs HARD...

that's my official guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

Personally it's the disruption and panic that it causes is what I love. If we could get three hard blasts of it over the coming week, it would be fantastic. We need an 1982 again..

Ya put people have to get to work I work in a small company we have a new contract starting next week if we do get things done we are F'ed thats a lot of family that will have no money coming in I love the snow but people need to get to work

Snowing here, I would recommend anybody around dublin city area to look at the nearest lampost now :)

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Seem like I'll be making none of those posts,Seems like snow will be missing where I am..

guy on rte said snow and ice for Sneem... can't be far from you??

• Advertisement

Frozen stiff literly ... We were out in the big hill in the blizzard with the top of a tv stand & a bit of rope..... Kids had a ball...... Even the puppy had a go....

Bitter wind out there - first time Ive been out that I thought my face was gonna fall off....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Rougies wrote: »
    Snowing here, I would recommend anybody around dublin city area to look at the nearest lampost now :)

nothing this end yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭whitemocha

nothing yet in saggart;)

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    turning brutal in rathfarnham..

tesco jammers... worse than xmas... 20 registers open... all day! still a 10 min wait (drummers)

I'm gonna say this is gonna hit south dubs HARD...

that's my official guess...

Yeah we usually get it the worst (best) around here. We are hear the foothills of the mountains, so basically on an east facing slope.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Nothing in Malahide yet either

HEAVY SNOW IN RATHFARNHAM!

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

That cloud on the radar looks interesting. What I like about this forum is I can stay by the fire refreshing the page until Jenzz or Trogdor announce snow in Bray. Then I get up and watch the clouds getting closer.

Also, hats off to my neighbours. Pipe burst this morning (back garden tap, thankfully). Two neighbours on the road came by and sorted it out for me. They did the same for at least another two people on the road. Nothing like snow and plumbing disasters to bring about a bit of community spirit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Bottled water pretty sold out in Limerick City.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭greeno

Nothing inTerenure either

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

nice picture Fred

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement