Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Saturday 9th January 2010 )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,753 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Pangea wrote: »
    Been snowing lightly here in donegal the past hour or 2

yeah but manure utd are losing:p

oh to be a fly in the dressing room during Fergie's team talk:p

i think it'll do the trick, though;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭scotchy

Felixdhc wrote: »
    There was a heavier burst but kinda eased off now again...

Same in Blackrock

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

When he says it wont be as cold he means we won't be having minima of -12c at night:D just more like your standard -2/-3c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Alicat wrote: »
    *cries from frustration*

EDIT: NOOO! Wait! I see snoooooooooooooowww!! :D \o/

You can come over and have mine if you want, ive been meaning to clear the driveway for a few days :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭roryc1

snowing here in Ballinteer now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

:eek: They totally would! Your pictures are super, and so clear

I have a nice point and shoot camera that flatters tbh, thanks.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

starting to snow again now in dundrum (dublin 14) :) getting heavier!

a mini snowman i built on the balcony today, i thought you guys might like him loving all things snow :D

4259360985_007cf03c65.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

yeah but manure utd are losing:p

oh to be a fly in the dressing room during Fergie's team talk:p

i think it'll do the trick, though;)
    lol dont worry fergies red whiskey nose will warm all the players up at half time and we will make a comeback :)

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭mwrf

Snowing heavily here now. :)

Stopped here now, right can take a break from lampost watching and finish washing spooks :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

Nothing here today, lets hope for a good pasting tomorrow.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

roryc1 wrote: »
    snowing here in Ballinteer now

started very lightly in sandyford now also. Had enough of it myself tbh, still about 5cm lyling on the ground from today and only busiest roads actually cleared.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

*eadaoin wrote: »

a mini snowman i built on the balcony today, i thought you guys might like him loving all things snow :D

gorgeous...

and when it melts you can eat the leftovers...

pretty and practical

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

When he says it wont be as cold he means we won't be having minima of -12c at night:D just more like your standard -2/-3c
    Still though he said it needs to be above 4 degrees for a good thaw and said that will be at the end of the week.
    Met eireanns call for significant and drifting snow seems to be melting away, although the 5-10cms isnt bad i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

That snowman scares the c**p out of me. It's like something from one of those Japanese horror films... Creepily cute.

EDIT: In fact, I'm pretty sure that was the guy who burst my water pipe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Mmmmm . . . .Jelly tots!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Is that "scarf" a piece of bog roll???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Mmmmm . . . .Jelly tots!!!:D

Two of my favourite things... snowmen and jelly tots!!! lol, now could someone build another snowman and include some jelly beans!!! paradise :p

F-Stop wrote: »
    That snowman scares the c**p out of me. It's like something from one of those Japanese horror films... Creepily cute.

EDIT: In fact, I'm pretty sure that was the guy who burst my water pipe.

oh crap, he's out on my balcony right now, i'm afraid to go to sleep tonight in case he wreaks havoc on the pipes!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

They'd be pretty big jelly tots if it is!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Snowing...god how I have missed snow!

0.2c DP -3.1c

bog roll wouldn't have lasted a minute in the snow! that's a ribbon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

Still not snowing in Dublin 6 this is crazy all day after the snow this morning we have been just north or south of snow and now seems like none again.
    I'm blaming the heat coming from the polbeg stations letting too much heat from the cooling towers and ruining my chances of more snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

demakinz wrote: »
    3 bags of coal 10 bales of bricketts..bring on the snow..most enjoyable tread iv read in a long time.deep down were all just big kids.fair play to all the guys in the know.great forecasts and great fun waiting for the BIG snow.

I brought the same yesterday, well near enough.

10 bales of briquettes
    2*40kg singles

For 50€, thought that was a hell of a deal, delivered to!

Fire is roaring and 12 cans of the black stuff in the fridge! Hopefully tommorrow ill be looking out to the white stuff!

Had a couple of centimeters today, mostly in the last hour. Seems to be clearing now as the temp is dropping.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Fyr.Fytr wrote: »
    You can come over and have mine if you want, ive been meaning to clear the driveway for a few days :p

Gladly! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

ThunderSnow MkII went down a treat today! Here's the nephew on it, when the pic was taken he was screaming 'HELP MEEEEEEEEEEE'.....:p, man I love this weather! :)

sledding.jpg

Currently -3.5c

• Registered Users Posts: 10 wolf tonedeaf

snow in firhouse:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,753 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Pangea wrote: »
    Still though he said it needs to be above 4 degrees for a good thaw and said that will be at the end of the week.
    Met eireanns call for significant and drifting snow seems to be melting away, although the 5-10cms isnt bad i suppose.

i suspect with the pressure/spotlight on them, they had indications before now from their data that it was going to get milder but wanted to wait and see a bit longer before committing to a change. if they said it was going to get milder and didn't then the Donegal incident would be minor to the fallout that would ensue.

Gladly! :D

No problem work away, there a bucket of sand and salt mix in the side alley, give the start of the drive a dusting with that when your done please, your awful good thanks :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

jenzz wrote: »
    heavy shower now

F,Stop - your up next ..

Conditions must be bad on the 13 bends, it hasn't arrived yet...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement