Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Saturday 9th January 2010 )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Only in coleraine:D:D:D

Oh shut up if you do not beleive me you can drive there for yourself........:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I know what 15-20cm looks like in a short term snowfall (24 hours -its a lot of proper heavy snow!!) and I really doubt anyone on lower than maybe 300 metres is likely to experience this in the shorterm here in eastern Ireland.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,753 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

met eireann seem to have the precipitation as persistent showers as opposed to anything very heavy. suppose very hard to know until closer in the time.

with the mixing of air different air there is potential for heavier outbursts the question is will it have gone the wrong side of marginal at that stage. knowing our luck you can be sure it will have on lower ground- especially further south. the likes of the north midlands up to Cavan could get a dumping. as i suspect, outside of northern ireland, it will be one of the last places that the snow hangs on in lower ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Rougies wrote: »
    Showers really beginning to beef up now. Somewhere's gonna get a good going over :)

101739.jpg

spacer.gif

Have you noticed though that front that sits on N France hasnt moved all day, it just sits there, is that the yoke thats supposed to be coming here tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

jenzz wrote: »
    Me too - what you measuring now SC?

I dunno, its above welly level in the field so i gave up measuring! :) cold wet socks are not worth it!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

owenc wrote: »
    Oh shut up if you do not beleive me you can drive there for yourself........:mad:

wouldn't be able to find it in the snow drifts reported.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

I am going mad waiting for that snow to reach me !!!

Snow beer #3 being rapidly dispatched while I wait !!! :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

If the latest ecm verified we could be sitting in this major freeze through the whole month
    It's scary tbh

If the latest ecm verified we could be sitting in this major freeze through the whole month
    It's scary tbh

you should work for sky news! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

t|nt|n wrote: »
    I am going mad waiting for that snow to reach me !!!

Snow beer #3 being rapidly dispatched while I wait !!! :D:pac:

Take it easy or you will have SNOW Beer left......... :D

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Pretty heavy snow here now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

jenzz wrote: »
    The lady boy is !

Who's the lady boy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭scotchy

Nothing here yet.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hey all I'm back! Well nothing much to report tbh except it's extremely cold out there! Missed rte forecast - is the south still on course to get the heaviest of the snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Bikerbhoy wrote: »
    Take it easy or you will have SNOW Beer left......... :D

hahaha !!! I lolled !!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Chemmie

Saved my first post especially for this thread! I've been following this for days, it's fantastic. No snow here at the moment but I'm hoping some will appear soon based on the charts (D15):D

No snow yet in my part of Lucan. I see big clouds coming but they seem to be breaking up. :(
    Oh well roll on tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

Nothings made it this far yet! Come oooooooooonnnnn!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MB1380

Took this vid today over a frozen lake in Macroom. It was safe to walk on as its only 4" deep at the moment and was frozen to the ground!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

It's scary tbh

Are Met Eireann not predicting a thaw at the end of next week? :confused:

Just read it there on breakingnews.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Pretty heavy snow here now!

*runs to window*

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Easing off again but the heaviest I have seen so far.

leahyl wrote: »
    Hey all I'm back! Well nothing much to report tbh except it's extremely cold out there! Missed rte forecast - is the south still on course to get the heaviest of the snow?

according to january snowstor - we're getting double what met eireann are giving us which is 5-10cm. still snow for tomorrow per the eagle and no real thaw till the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

leahyl wrote: »

Hope you didn't miss your verse in the poem on page 71 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭mwrf

MB1380 wrote: »
    Took this vid today over a frozen lake in Macroom. It was safe to walk on as its only 4" deep at the moment and was frozen to the ground!

Where do I get me one of those?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Supercell wrote: »
    I dunno, its above welly level in the field so i gave up measuring! :) cold wet socks are not worth it!

We measured 15cm in the back.... Went down the hill there with kids - The field is over that.... We are very urban compared to you..... Walking in welly depth no thanks - hard enough trying to walk on the compacted stuff... Mum lives 5 minutes literly..... She called over today & abandoned her car down road - she couldnt believe the difference up a hill can make on the depth difference...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

wouldn't be able to find it in the snow drifts reported.

Dw youd be better off driving to wales

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

MB1380 wrote: »

Woah! Great vid! I want one of those little helicopters! Got any links for how to build/where to purchase one? Thanks for the vid :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Look what's coming!!

Web_radar.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement